Best and worst ISPs in South Africa in April

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Best and worst ISPs in South Africa in April

The April 2021 South African Internet service provider (ISP) rankings saw Axxess top the list while Rain continues to be ranked as the worst provider in South Africa.

The ISP rankings are based on customer satisfaction scores collected through MyBroadband’s mobile apps and web-based speed test portals.

After a user performs a speed test, they are asked to rate their ISP based on their overall satisfaction with the service.

Bighit

Expert Member
Wow, last I saw, Axxess was rated about number 5. What a jump.

Juice

Expert Member
I guess Supersonic forgot to brigade the voting this year, but it's good to see them with a rating more aligned to my experience with them.

wrinklyo

So what is the "Big surprise"of the headline? Did I miss something?

Gavinhu

This is a joke because I was a customer of Axxess and their service really sucks. It sometimes takes you more than one call to get a hold of a customer or technical service. The numbers are crooked or they have asked their staff to falsely rate their business. I won't recommend Axxess to anyone.

jphegers

Don't know when this survey was done because in the last couple of months their services has deteriorated immensely and they do not respond to their Facebook messenger or their emails sent to them.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Surprised that @websquad is not higher on that list, as the service I have had from them has been nothing short of brilliant.

Also Seacom listed as a small ISP?