Best Budget/ value for money 1/2" Torque wrench/spanner

Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase a Torque wrench to work on my car but I have no idea where to start. My budget is around R 1000 but I'm willing to spend a little more if needed. I'm looking for a 1/2" drive, something that's robust and will serve me for years to come.

Any advice or opinions are will be very much welcome as I'm sure many others will benefit from this thread.

I'm located in Durban as well.

Last edited:

ubercal

Expert Member
Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase a Torque wrench to work on my car but I have no idea where to start. My budget is around R 1000 but I'm willing to spend a little more if needed. I'm looking for a 1/2" drive, something that's robust and will serve me for years to come.

Any advice or opinions are will be very much welcome as I'm sure many others will benefit from this thread.

I'm located in Durban as well.
Got the gedore 20nm - 200nm torque wrench.Must be one of my most used tools.Quality all round product.Bought from builders a few years back.Unforunately not cheap , but if you change rims frequently or need to work on the car then its well worth it.

I plan on buying a project car so I definitely will be making use of it, I've been to builders and unfortunately they don't keep torque wrenches. I have found a GEDORE 40-200NM 1/2" DRIVE for R 3400 at makro but that's way out of my price range even though I'd love to get it. I think my max budget would be around R 1500

stroller

Try Adendorf Machinery Mart.

The range of their goods vary in quality but I'm sure that they'll something suitable for you.

Thanks Colin, much more reasonable than the prices I've found. Looks like I need to make a call, well know quality from Gedore or cheaper unknown brand