Best Country To Immigrate To From South Africa (2015)

AshTV

South Africa is becoming so dangerous to live in. I'm tired of being a victim of crime (many times :twisted:). I would like to know what is the best country to immigrate to? What is the cost like? What are the requirements? Which country would you recommend? I have heard that Canada is good. What are your thoughts?

Tander

Executive Member
Canada is tough to get into, as is Australia. They work off a points system. As for which country to go to, you need to decide that. The grass is not always greener on the other side. I have been in the UK for 3 months and am here till march. I actually cannot wait to go back to SA. The UK is rather miserable.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Canada,Australia,NZ or if your rich enough US,

some left field choices, malta, hong kong, or Brazil

all depends on the points you have avalible, and skill level and of course $$$$ you have.....

South Africa is becoming so dangerous to live in. I'm tired of being a victim of crime (many times :twisted:). I would like to know what is the best country to immigrate to? What is the cost like? What are the requirements? Which country would you recommend? I have heard that Canada is good. What are your thoughts?
Greenland is cool.

Hemps

Executive Member
Canada is tough to get into, as is Australia. They work off a points system. As for which country to go to, you need to decide that. The grass is not always greener on the other side. I have been in the UK for 3 months and am here till march. I actually cannot wait to go back to SA. The UK is rather miserable.
+1 that UK weather and bleakness just got to me after 3 years there.

Tander

Executive Member
+1 that UK weather and bleakness just got to me after 3 years there.
Very bleak. There are other issues here, but I think I could overcome them. The weather and how miserable it is here is certainly not one of them though.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Countries aren't difficult to get into if you have skills and/or money. Canada, USA, Australia, UK etc. will all gladly have you. As it should be tbh - they're just making sure you won't be a burden on their society. The chance of making it abroad is greatly diminished if you emigrate with neither skills nor money.

Tander

Executive Member
Countries aren't difficult to get into if you have skills and/or money. Canada, USA, Australia, UK etc. will all gladly have you. As it should be tbh - they're just making sure you won't be a burden on their society. The chance of making it abroad is greatly diminished if you emigrate with neither skills nor money.
I concur. I would like to move to another country at some stage, and it would be America if I could find a job there. (I think that would be easy enough, considering my skill set). But I am not ready to leave SA for a long while yet.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Very bleak. There are other issues here, but I think I could overcome them. The weather and how miserable it is here is certainly not one of them though.
Depends where you are in the UK. I'm near Manchester but more out in the country and its certainly not bleak. I can imagine in London its grim. Would hate to work down South even though the salaries are higher - so is everything else.

Weather you get used to - winters kinda suck but at least summers make up for it. Light at 9-10pm. Its great.

All countries have their pros and cons and there are lots to consider when emigrating. What kind of work do you do? Married/kids? Will need to find schooling for them? Do you have friends/family there - any support structure. If you are going by yourself it makes it even more difficult as time goes on.

Its getting more and more difficult to emigrate and rules are becoming stricter by the day.

I would go on holiday to the country you plan on emigrating to before you make the final choice.

AshTV

I concur. I would like to move to another country at some stage, and it would be America if I could find a job there. (I think that would be easy enough, considering my skill set). But I am not ready to leave SA for a long while yet.
America has too many guns