Best ever 100Mbps fibre-to-the-home prices in South Africa

Johnfpro

As these prices start declining, it becomes more clear that the Telkom model of charging a separate line rental is a failing business model similar to that of SAPO having not taken into account the rise of emails etc.

How long can it last?

CeeBee

Expert Member
R570 for 100Gb? wow... to me that is more than uncapped, i dont even use half that per month... and cheaper than current ADSL.
oh well.... even if it was R10 wouldn't help me, cant get at my home.
but really good to see pricing come down

genetic

Honorary Master
As these prices start declining, it becomes more clear that the Telkom model of charging a separate line rental is a failing business model similar to that of SAPO having not taken into account the rise of emails etc.

How long can it last?
How long can what last?

FNfal

Executive Member
Any one actually have this ??
I see many best prices ever but no one actually has the FTTH .
I have seen systems installed and just 6 people take up usage .(this is the worst i have seen )
There are a few cherries to be picked (easy installations ) after that some people are going to get burnt installing FTTH.

moklet

Expert Member
I have a neotel fibre running in front of my house, but their pricing is insane:mad: wish some open access players would consider centurion

whatnot

Any one actually have this ??
I see many best prices ever but no one actually has the FTTH .
Nobody really cares about these "best ever prices" because basically nobody actually has the option of FTTH

ellyally

Expert Member
Nobody really cares about these "best ever prices" because basically nobody actually has the option of FTTH
I care:) and just a note, its an open access network, any isp can offer on the network, but they'd have to be comparative/competitive, which means, when fibre spreads and gets to those who currently don't have the option, the prices should have filtered through and be similar/cheaper than these

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
I am 287 meters from a Fiber enabled MSAN. Is it going to be 5 years, 10 years, or more before the fiber goes from there to the corner of the block just past me so I can get a fiber connection?

Albereth

Honorary Master
Who exactly is providing the uncapped service at R1400?

Nothing is mentioned on the Fibrehoods home page about this offer.