Best-ever fibre pricing in South Africa

I like the price, just don't like the idea of aerial fibre. They wouldn't allow it in my area anyway.

I like the price, just don't like the idea of aerial fibre. They wouldn't allow it in my area anyway.
Oh? Why don't you like it?

I can understand Air Fibre and other similarly wireless based solutions, but in a lot of circumstances (especially coastal regions with rocky foundations and poor infrastructural blueprints) it seems like a no-brainer.

Hmm, not in my area.

I have paid a deposit to Starlink, but they say only next year.

Would love to get away from Vumatel.

Herotel CEO Van Zyl Botha told MyBroadband the new products were the result of the company’s unique approach to the market, which includes running fibre from poles to the customer’s home instead of trenching.
Thats how fibrehoods rolled, was great, I had 100/50 line for R650 odd for a couple of years... then vumatel bought em and the price more than doubled overnight

Yip, same here !
Pisses me off... when it happened I asked HTF more than double... I get a 10% increase or something, but ffs over double... its been years and it still pisses on my battery when I think about it :ROFL:

Thats how fibrehoods rolled, was great, I had 100/50 line for R650 odd for a couple of years... then vumatel bought em and the price more than doubled overnight
Another benefit is that all the fibre packages are offered on a month-to-month basis without any long-term contracts.

At worst I imagine you'd just pay for the router and for one month if you cancel before 12 months.

Good news for my folks in Jeffrey's bay. The difficult decision would be 10Mbit or 50Mbit for only R100 difference :unsure:

The nice thing about Herotel is that they go also for the rural areas where other companies focus on bigger towns. They are quite good from what I experience as a WISP from them.
Their WISP packages are just pricey

Back