Best fibre ISP in South Africa - May 2021

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Best fibre ISP in South Africa revealed

The May 2021 MyBroadband Insights Internet service provider (ISP) rankings show that Cool Ideas is the best fibre ISP in South Africa.

The South African ISP rankings are based on customer satisfaction scores collected through MyBroadband’s mobile apps and web-based speed test portals.

After a user performs a speed test, they are asked to rate their ISP based on their overall satisfaction with the service.

These customer satisfaction ratings are then processed to produce a customer satisfaction percentage for each ISP. Higher scores indicate a better customer experience.

Shadow07

Herotel only at 68%, I must just be lucky that I stay in a smallish town with their offices nearby. I have no issues with their 200mb/200mb. Speeds are so consistent.

Bighit

Expert Member
Herotel only at 68%, I must just be lucky that I stay in a smallish town with their offices nearby. I have no issues with their 200mb/200mb. Speeds are so consistent.
That is an odd one, their prices are really cheap and I had no issue when I used them last week in the Eastern Cape. Wonder why are rated so low.

Cactus

That is an odd one, their prices are really cheap and I had no issue when I used them last week in the Eastern Cape. Wonder why are rated so low.
Their support isn't great from what I've seen. Their network works really well though.

Cactus

Ahhh, the in laws haven't had to phone them, they have small walk in shops if you need assistance.
They made a mistake with my parent's place. My parents fell within the coverage and was supposed to start installations end of Feb. Turns out they never catered for my parent's place as they thought my parents live in a complex and we had to explain to them they didn't do proper research in the area.

From there on it took week after week for my parents to go to the local shop and ask and be annoying for them to make good on their promise and only in May did my parents finally go live after everyone else was already live in March.

Their network is really good and works well, but their support is really bad. If I made a mistake as an FNO I would try and rectify asap not have the same customers walk in week after week. I assume because they're on a drive to expand and capture market share this probably happened a couple of times with different customers.

Vorastra

Executive Member
Wow, WebAfrica is a lot lower than I'd expect.

I wonder why people don't like them?

rvanheerden

I'm surprise to see Cell C so low. There speed is consistently good, 90% plus what is promised. There call center assistants are excellent, nothing but praise.

Regards
Reinhardt

1623259205849.png