Best fixed-LTE data deals now that Rain is gone

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Best fixed-LTE data deals now that Rain is gone

Rain fixed-LTE packages are off the menu from today, following a decision by the company to suspend sales due to network capacity constraints.

Rain announced in July that it will suspend the sale of its fixed-LTE products through partner ISPs from 1 November.

Dan C

Honorary Master
I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day

skimread

Executive Member
Can someone explain to me what's the difference between RAIN Mobile's Fixed LTE and Mobile LTE offering?

skimread

Executive Member
If their reasoning is capacity constraint then surely if I am mobile vs fixed it makes no difference.

Does the mobile LTE cost the same?

Heindp

I am using Rain Unlimited off peak and it works like a charm. Spend limit R300 if I use it between 18:00 and 23:00 so paying between R250 and R300 per month.

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Can someone explain to me what's the difference between RAIN Mobile's Fixed LTE and Mobile LTE offering?
Rain's fixed-LTE and Mobile networks are essentially separated.

The fixed-LTE network is locked to around 7 or 8 LTE routers, and use different SIMs than the mobile network. The packages available were also different.

Minosc

Does anybody knows if the the CellC packages are locked to their own network?

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
Does this mean that Jimmy Cliff & Johnny Nash are now joint CEO's of Rain Mobile ;)

kianm

Honorary Master
One significant difference for me is port forwarding , as i understand the fixed LTE allows for opening ports for internal services whereas mobile does not (mobile uses LSN)

mattrudlles

Ag I am just going to stick with Rain Fixed LTE-A now with the extra data being given during 23:00 - 18:00. I have found the sweet spot for my router - the windowsill! Day and Night between that and my bedside cupboard 20cms away!