Best Google-certified TV boxes to buy in South Africa

Dolby

Honorary Master
I spoke about the KM1, KM9 and KM6 earlier. Yes they are Google certified.

Netflix ?

Look.

I'm not arguing with you.

I can just tell you that 90% of the population will opt for a Netflix approved box with lower specs, than a non-Netflix approved box with higher specs.

Kitto

Netflix ?

Look.

I'm not arguing with you.

I can just tell you that 90% of the population will opt for a Netflix approved box with lower specs, than a non-Netflix approved box with higher specs.
No problem, just debating.

joshuatree

Expert Member
Chromecast with Google TV.

Newer SoC etc. than the Mi, Ematic, and can't go wrong with it, will always just work. Pretty much like the Chromecast, just with an interface.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Which R1.2k PC are you thinking of?
What OS?
Also not taking into account extra power usage, extra peripherals, plus large surface area and to top it off, it's not 2010 anymore :).

joshuatree

Expert Member
Does it have a LAN port? Main reason I chose ematic.
Quite important issue for me if I had to go the Android/Google TV Box route, and start replacing Chromecasts :

That SD card slot on the Ematic, can it be configured to be available for app storage on Android 9, which is where I think the Ematic is?

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Quite important issue for me if I had to go the Android/Google TV Box route, and start replacing Chromecasts :

That SD card slot on the Ematic, can it be configured to be available for app storage on Android 9, which is where I think the Ematic is?
Sorry man, I'm the wrong person to ask that. I just used it out the box. Only thing I had to do was create a google play store account so I could download kodi.

stefan9

Executive Member
Went with the mediabox maverick. Being Google,netflix and Amazon certified plus having a lanport was important to me.

upup

Executive Member
Sorry man, I'm the wrong person to ask that. I just used it out the box. Only thing I had to do was create a google play store account so I could download kodi.
On the mibox, you must be carefull, very easy to make your sd card one for memory and lose your pic's.

rodga

Honorary Master

As its practically the same as the lit box I'm going to say yes.

Kitto

OK, so I am a Mecool fan. I forgot to Mention in my earlier post the Mecool KM2, the only Netflix certified, Mecool box currently available in South Africa.