Best home treadmill to buy

SherryS

Hi I’m looking into buying a treadmill for home. One that can fold up and has training programs etc also reasonably priced - under20k. Any recommendations please?

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
tenor.gif

Affieplaas

I'm also considering getting a treadmill.

Any words of wisdom and lessons learned?

wise_guy

Expert Member
Can get a decent commerical treadmill like the Technogym Myrun which connects to Zwift.

Problem is they're wide and heavy so you need good space.

Ideally outdoors is the best.

syntax

Executive Member
dont go cheap.
Your knees and shins will hate you.

Majority of people who purchase a treadmill dont use it.

ebendl

Expert Member
Did the OP end up buying a treadmill?

I'm looking at the Horizon T101 or T202 since they're some of the only units available locally that are
- International products, so you can actually find reviews for them
- Under R20k

But still, hecka lot of money to spend.

Wil69

I'm looking at the Horizon T101 or T202 since they're some of the only units available locally that are
- Under R20k

I would also like to know.. Just got my SARS money and have been doing some research. I've been looking at the Horizons as well, but also the freeform f40 and f60. They have strong motors, 2.5hp cjp. and a 2 ply belt. The f60 is R20k the f40 is around R16k. Would love some feedback

ebendl

Expert Member
The Horizon T101 has a 2.5 CHP motor, while the T202 has a 2.75 CHP. Bit closer to the supposed minimum of 3 you need for
- long term reliability
- running

How well are the freeforms known internationally?

Wil69

The Horizon T101 has a 2.5 CHP motor, while the T202 has a 2.75 CHP. Bit closer to the supposed minimum of 3 you need for
- long term reliability
- running

How well are the freeforms known internationally?
No idea. I've just recently started doing research. The freeform seems to be good value for money. Horizons reviews are hit and miss. I've also started checking out the Sole f60 and f63. Very well known. Also BH Fitness Pioneer R3 Treadmill seems ok. 2.75chp for R15500. Let us know what you decide on.. I'm having brain overload from all the reviews I've been reading lol.

SAguy

Executive Member

- Under R20k

Are you sure you are going to use it?
Or are you already a runner?

Treadmills are one of those things that ends up just taking up place in 99% of peoples homes.

ebendl

Expert Member
No idea. I've just recently started doing research. The freeform seems to be good value for money. Horizons reviews are hit and miss. I've also started checking out the Sole f60 and f63. Very well known. Also BH Fitness Pioneer R3 Treadmill seems ok. 2.75chp for R15500. Let us know what you decide on.. I'm having brain overload from all the reviews I've been reading lol.
Look again -- the BH Fitness Pioneer R3 is a 2.75 HP peak / 1.5 continuous motor, which makes it a no-go in my mind, especially for the price.

The Solo ones are quite good but a bit beyond my price.