Best Internet Connection Option for Traveler to Cape Town

dbillmark

Hi,
I am planning on traveling from the U.S. to Cape Town come July, and I will be living there for 3 months while my girlfriend and I do some volunteer work.

I would REALLY like to have an internet connection so that I may also do work for my job back in the U.S. through our VPN.

I will be staying at a complex on Woodford Ave in Camps Bay that has a phone line but not ethernet.

I have a laptop that I will bring. Can anyone tell me the best option for an Internet connection while I am there? I am open to going to an Internet cafe, finding a free hotspot, or perhaps signing up for iburst..? (I've heard that this might be a good option...) Does anyone have a good idea of its coverage area?

I'm looking for the cheapest way to get Internet that is fast enough for me to do work over my VPN back in the U.S., and is in the Camps Bay area or nearby.

Any help in this would be appreciated,
Thank You

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
PS: dbillmark I forgot to mention [in the other thread] that MyADSL have a Broadband Ratings document which might help as well, but as I said your only 30 Day Notice options are ADSL & iBurst.

alchamy

Expert Member
If there is coverage, the Iburst would be your best option. ADSL can take up to a month to be installed, I-burst will be up & running within 2 days for Cape Town.

Also its 1MB so its the fastest option available in South Africa at the moment.
Once their website is up again you can check the coverage.