Best ISP for fiber?

Tezzo

Hi,
I'm looking to change ISP because I'm not happy with WebAfrica.
I was using their uncapped 100 Mb/s down and up.
Can you guy's recommend the most reliable ISP for uncapped fiber?

Thanks.

Tezzo

I heard good things about CyberSmart and SuperSonic. Are they any good?

saturnz

Honorary Master
I've been using cybersmart for six years, R400pm for 200mbps symmetrical line.

Uptime has been ridiculous, like 99.999998% or something stupid.

Tezzo

Can someone just tell me which ISP do they recommend, and not tell me the ones they don't?

MoilZA

Perhaps if you tell us what you didn't like about your WebAfrica experience, we could provide a more informative suggestion on a new ISP.

Tezzo

WebAfrica's fiber speed is very unreliable.
Sometimes when I'm watching YouTube, the video freezes and that darn spinning wheel starts up.

Kilerhotdog

Hmm, I feel like with most of these threads, people say avoid etc, go with that. Like I see a lot of people like Afrihost then also a lot of people that don't.

So I believe it highly depends on the quality of the FNO. I have my internet with Afrihost and it is flawless Locally and internationally. A friend of mine have been on Cool Ideas for over 4 years now and only experienced issues when the DDOS attacks happend. I also heard good things from WebSquad from co-workers.

IMO I would go with Either Cool Ideas, Afrihost or Websquad. All 3 of them have Reps here that can help you get your problem solved. I would avoid Vox and WebAfrica though. I rarely hear anything good from people that have them ISPs

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Look ISPs aren't perfect. We do also experiencing issues. To be honest I think every ISP and FNO wants everything to ALWAYS be perfect and work flawlessly but that is just not realistic. Networks break and needs attention all the time to make sure things run smoothly.

If an ISP experiences 3 outages in 1 month for example and the FNO have a few outages on their side in a month it could feel like fibre from hell. As an ISP we get that and we don't want that so I can assure you we do always try our best to make sure the clients are connected and getting the speeds they pay for. It is the clients after all that keeps the business going. :)

maccaman

Opinions will be based on peoples own experience. Some have great experiences and no issues, for others it is different. One factor to consider is support and responsiveness.
I have had unacceptably poor service from Afrihost. Their support is non-existent. They have online chat which does not work, neither does their WhatsApp support. Even if you do contact support, it is only good for the most basic issues.
My issue was intermittent and random drops in connection. I spent close to 4 months allowing their support to help me, but they are clueless and will do the absolute minimum to close your ticket and hope you shut up and go away. I tried escalating, even so far as sending a DM and email to Gian (CEO). Don't be fooled by the "happy clappy" persona, it is only for the cameras. My email of 29 July only received a generic response yesterday (25th August) giving me various numbers for support, sponsorship, etc. (really - you are sending me a link about sponsorship enquiries when I needed you help to get someone competent to fix my issue??).
I only persisted because I felt I owed them for covering my installation and connection costs, but after my poor experience I finally made the decision to jump ship. I am about to sign up with Cool Ideas, mainly because they were quick to respond to my private DM on questions I had. This was my experience, and I am now lost forever to Afrihost.

Conack

Expert Member
Nothing on Frogfoot.

I see the best troubleshooting / support from Cool Ideas and Cybersmart.