Best ISP for gaming/international latency?

Charmingmage10

We are looking at the possibility of giving KZN latency of 150ms to Paris and 157ms to London, gaming wise.
impressive...how would you achieve this? Used to get +-180 ms to London
When will you know if possible and implement it?

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
impressive...how would you achieve this? Used to get +-180 ms to London
Currently KZN to London is around 170ms, 10ms to JHB and 155-160ms JHB London via WACS. To get the better latency we are looking at one of the East Route undersea cable systems.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
I second CISP willing to happily 1v1 anyone with regards to latency and probably will win/tie :p unless they have like SAFE cable or SACS then i lose :|

Last edited:

Grynne

I have been having some issues with disconnections using Cool Ideas and a particular game recently. I can't say for certain that it is Cool Ideas' fault but haven't had the same issue when testing on two other ISPs. Although I will say that other than my recent issues, Cool Ideas have been pretty good.

@PBCool any update on when you may have the new routing set up as this may provide a glimmer of hope that my issue may be resolved instead of having to move to another ISP?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I have been having some issues with disconnections using Cool Ideas and a particular game recently. I can't say for certain that it is Cool Ideas' fault but haven't had the same issue when testing on two other ISPs. Although I will say that other than my recent issues, Cool Ideas have been pretty good.

@PBCool any update on when you may have the new routing set up as this may provide a glimmer of hope that my issue may be resolved instead of having to move to another ISP?
Which fibre provider? Openserve?

medicnick83

Paramedic
RSAWEB gets my vote - I play anything and don't even bother with where I play anymore.

D4N_CPT

I second CISP willing to happily 1v1 anyone with regards to latency and probably will win :p unless they have like SAFE cable or SACS then i lose :|
Results on Speedtest.net, Multi-Connection, Orange France?
1614763437161.png
I am not on Cool Ideas, BTW

Last edited:

D4N_CPT

I am not at home but here is our somewhat questionable RSAWEB connection at work and Orange Paris was chosen.

EDIT: 50/50 Business account BTW :ROFL:

I will wait till your home then :)

Mine was done via VPN/RDP from my Media Player at Home. 100/100 1:1 WiruLink Account.

I get 154ms Ping to London from Home.

Work: 50/50 1:4 Business Fibre from Adept
1614770774685.png

Last edited:

D4N_CPT

CPT doesn't count, it's too unfair. :laugh: In all honesty KZN has always struggled with international ping, which is why I'm very excited to see how these new routes will turn out.
Jap, agree. Sorry about the unfair advantage, I will officially withdraw my 1v1 challenge.

We are struggling endlessly with our DBN branch as well, so will continue to lurk in the background - to see how this thread plays out.