Best ISP for online gaming ?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I think my vote will go for Afrihost :p

What games are you playing and who is the fibre network operator?

sparticus

Expert Member
I think my vote will go for Afrihost :p

What games are you playing and who is the fibre network operator?
Mostly battlefield, some Red dead 2 on a 100mb fibre line through Octotel as provider and webafrica as ISP and it lags as a mudder

VettieOriginal

Home Connect has impressive links at the moment hitting London on 161ms so i am rather presently supersized in FF

zolly

Expert Member
Mostly battlefield, some Red dead 2 on a 100mb fibre line through Octotel as provider and webafrica as ISP and it lags as a mudder

All the time? As weird as it sounds it might not be your ISP, but your FNO (Octotel). There's not too much difference between the big ISPs these days. If you live in CPT you get 160ish ping to the UK, 180ish if you're in JHB I believe?

VettieOriginal

All the time? As weird as it sounds it might not be your ISP, but your FNO (Octotel). There's not too much difference between the big ISPs these days. If you live in CPT you get 160ish ping to the UK, 180ish if you're in JHB I believe?
Pretoria to London 161 Home Connect Frogfoot

It depends on a lot of things first of all does he play with Wifi or cable? Makes a moer of a difference

sparticus

Expert Member
Im in CPT, My ping averages 250 :(

JasonK

Octotel and cool ideas, mostly apex legends 140-150 to London

100/100 line

SuperHero Sarah

Company Representative
Company Rep
At RSAWEB some of our staff that game have reported a EUW ping of 150-175 ping for games such as League of Legends. Local ping can be given to you on request per game. DM us for a list of games and our ping.