Best Laptop Deals Dec/Jan 2017-2018 R15K- R30k - Researched (Google Docs)

The_Watchman

Hi everyone:), I thought I would share my research I made while looking to buy a laptop this Dec/Jan 2017/2018 in South Africa.
DOC LINK BELOW

I was looking for a work laptop between R3K- R30k($235 - $2348) with a good screen(hard to find):confused:, CPU, ram and decent GPU while looking professional and not too gameirsh:sick:.

I sorted laptops according to price and:

MANUFACTURER
MODEL
CPU
RAM
GPU
DRIVE
SCREEB SIZE
SCREEN NITS
SCREEN PANEL
ADOBE RGB
TRACKPAD
BATTERY LIFE
SHOP LINK
PRICE
FREE
VIDEO LINK

**I created a short list at the top with a score system if your scroll to the right.:D
**I also added SSD, RAM comparrison at the end of the doc.

Here are my results:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10Tm3bUHN5JupFewDkPzh5MDcgFmbxxobZZQV_CDND4I/edit?usp=sharing

Enjoy, it took me couple of days to to do.
Let me know if I missed anything.
If you want to add to the research please shoot me a private message and ill add you to the doc admins.

Thanks Luke7777: Check these posts for more amazing limited deals posted by Flashgear.
https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/forumdisplay.php/172-Hardware-and-Software-Dealers

Last edited:

Neoprod

Honorary Master
I'm curious about the Acer Swift series being missing from your list...did you not come across it? It's a more affordable version of the Asus Zenbook (SSD, IPS screen, i5 / i7 CPU).

rodga

Honorary Master
Thanks will pass it on to a friend that is in the market.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Hi Neoprod, I have added the Acer Swift 7 to the list. The Zenbook looks like a better deal.

Cool.

The Swift 5 looks decent -

Swift 5
- 7th Gen Intel Core Processors
- 14.58 mm Profile and 1.36 kg Weight
- The Thinner Frame Increases What You See
- Full Workday Usability with 13 Hours of Battery Life
- 14" display with IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology, Full HD 1920 x 1080
- Intel Core i5-7200U processor
- 8 GB of onboard DDR3L system memory
- Intel HD Graphics 620
- Solid state drive: 256 GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb/s up to 4 lanes, NVMe

Was listed at Takealot at 14k but it's not in stock anymore.

The_Watchman

Wow that is some great deals, Ill see if I can add any of them to the list. Thanks for the share.

Luke7777

Executive Member
Wow that is some great deals, Ill see if I can add any of them to the list. Thanks for the share.
No problem :) Wasn't actually meant for your list, more for you when considering your purchase, especially Dell, Lenovo and HP. Although I'm sure Flashgear won't mind the little mention in there :D

silkenphoenixx

For me the colour isn't that important, but I *hate* this awful 1366x768 resolution where you can fit precisely 2.5 lines of code or half a paragraph of a document on the screen without having to scroll.

Thanks! I'm in the market for a new laptop in the coming months, would also be willing to contribute research to this list from time to time to keep it up to date.

Perhaps we could request a sticky?