Best laptop for R18k, and best time and place to buy

bakerbakura

Side Note:
If Linux is going to be your thing, they (the few Linux pro's I've come across) swear by Lenovo...so you might want to research that a bit more as well.
(Just some food for thought -maybe some of the Linux pro's on this forum could comment as well. Good luck! :thumbsup: )
Thanks for the info! I've heard about Linux working pretty well on Dell too.

Although I've never had any issue with installing Linux on a machine myself, I've heard some horror stories of not being able to get drivers for Bluetooth, WiFi, etc. So I'm rather confident that I'll be able to get Linux working on a machine in about a day max, and if not I'll return it before the return policy expires

_kabal_

Expert Member
Thanks for the info! I've heard about Linux working pretty well on Dell too.

Although I've never had any issue with installing Linux on a machine myself, I've heard some horror stories of not being able to get drivers for Bluetooth, WiFi, etc. So I'm rather confident that I'll be able to get Linux working on a machine in about a day max, and if not I'll return it before the return policy expires
I run Linux mint (and previously ubuntu and kubuntu) on my dell xps 15. Didn’t have to install anything, everything just worked - WiFi, Bluetooth, touchscreen.