Best Quality and Value VoIP to Use on a Cell Phone

atkins

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a VoIP service to use on a cell phone? I need free calls between family members, and low-ish call rates for me to call other numbers. WhatsApp calls are iffy, and lag kills any type of conversation.

I am looking at Vox and Axxess at the moment. The call quality must be good enough to have decent conversations for several minutes.

bobcpt

Freshphone is a popular voip service in this forum. It is a pay as you go service which makes it easy to try out, calls to other Freshphone users are free and they have an app that you can use on your phone.

Have you tried Skype as an alternative to whatsapp? It uses more data, but in my opinion the call quality is also much better. Calls between skype users are free and if you have an office 365 subscription, you get 60 minutes per month included if you activate it. Your Microsoft account for Windows 10 is also a skype account.

Wifi signals do not have as much range compared to a cordless phone, so you might experience a degradation in call quality the further you move away from the router.