• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Best replacement car for Golf 7

ahmedomar

Hi all,

I currently drive a Golf 7 1.4 tsi Comfortline with all the extras and I'm currently looking for a replacement that will give me the same features and comfort without the mechanical issues and headaches,

Looking in the same price range and it should have the same or better power, features, space etc,

Any suggestions please,

Thanks

Sumen

Expert Member
Hi all,

I currently drive a Golf 7 1.4 tsi Comfortline with all the extras and I'm currently looking for a replacement that will give me the same features and comfort without the mechanical issues and headaches,

Looking in the same price range and it should have the same or better power, features, space etc,

Any suggestions please,

Thanks
You want new, used or demo?
Price range, the current price for a golf 7 has gone up.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Opel Astra 1.4T enjoy. It has everything you had in the Golf and more, plus the extra power Cheaper than
most, if not all it's rivals in this class.

Sumen

Expert Member
What is wrong with it? compares pound to pound with the Golf, unkess i missed something?
Nothing is wrong, he did add extra's to he's Golf and he must have added leather seats, Climate Control which the Enjoy spec doesn't have. The Sport trim is actually better than his Golf(With Extras).

thechamp

Honorary Master
Nothing is wrong, he did add extra's to he's Golf and he must have added leather seats, Climate Control which the Enjoy spec doesn't have. The Sport trim is actually better than his Golf(With Extras).
I understand.

ahmedomar

Used 250k max

Does anyone here own the Astra Sport? Is it reliable? Can we still count on the dealership network after GMs exit?

thechamp

Honorary Master
Used 250k max

Does anyone here own the Astra Sport? Is it reliable? Can we still count on the dealership network after GMs exit?
Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, dealership network should not be an issue, I can still find Williams Hunt at all the places where GM was before it left in Randburg. I don't recall any that was closed down around Randburg, Bryanston/Fourways area.

ahmedomar

I haven't come across many owners on the forum though,

Would nice to get an owner's real life review on this car? Seems very underrated

Sumen

Expert Member
Used 250k max

We had a discussion here a few months ago, Someone wanted a fun car and test drove the Astra Sport, I'll post the link just now.

Ok, the budget, can you do without Leather seats? I managed to find an Astra Sport but it doesn't have leather seats as only the Auto has leather seats.

Also, you could go with thechamp's suggestion with enjoy spec if you also don't mind manual Aircon.

ahmedomar

Does the enjoy have all the other assist features like apple eye and blind spot assist? Alloys? Same engine? LED?

Sumen

Expert Member
Does the enjoy have all the other assist features like apple eye and blind spot assist? Alloys? Same engine? LED?
It doesn't have blind Spot assist but it has the following:

Lane change assist
Forward collision warning and auto braking
Traffic sign recognition

No LED headlights but has LED DRL's
Alloys are different but are not sad looking ones either.

I sound like an Opel salesperson

Last edited:

thechamp

Honorary Master
It doesn't have blind Spot assist but it has the following:

Lane change assist
Forward collision warning and auto braking
Traffic recognition

No LED headlights but has LED DRL's
Alloys are different but are not sad looking ones either.

I sound like an Opel salesperson
To add, yes same engine.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Mazda 3 is a great car.
I agree. Another option for OP to consider, since he seems to have had his fair amount of drama with a German car, how about good, honest bulletproof Japanese engineering?

Mazda 3 2.0 Astina R389 800.

Last edited: