Best thing to import from China to resell

Salmank

Hi,

So with Voyager miles, I get a free business class ticket to China.

And with Mariott and Hilton points, my accomadation gets sorted.

So I thought of using this as as oppurtunity to try to go check goods and put on someones container.

What is the best thing to import?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Solar Panels, 3D Printers, Mobile Phones..... Importing is easy part. Do you have the audience and platform to advertise it and sell it.

Tman*

Expert Member
A recipe for failure is to think you can go to China and try to export "anything and everything" with a good markup.

Start with what you know, ie something you have interest in, a hobby, your job etc. Find a niche product, do a small scale trail run and scale from there.

Zyk1

Expert Member
A recipe for failure is to think you can go to China and try to export "anything and everything" with a good markup.

Start with what you know, ie something you have interest in, a hobby, your job etc. Find a niche product, do a small scale trail run and scale from there.
110% agree

saturnz

Honorary Master

This sort of advice is the foundation to start any form of second income.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Remember the other issue is their currency is actually twice ours, so yes for Americans and other countries the products seem cheap, but in reality they aren't really for us. There's also import fees and such. So find a customer, see if it is indeed cheaper to go over there and ship it in, or to maybe not be a drop ship type enterprise.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
Hi,

So with Voyager miles, I get a free business class ticket to China.

And with Mariott and Hilton points, my accomadation gets sorted.

So I thought of using this as as oppurtunity to try to go check goods and put on someones container.

What is the best thing to import?

So listen to what everyone else is saying above, but you need to understand that because you going in blind, you are going to cause a massive cock up with loading and shipping, and it will be a very costly exercise.

I do freight forwarding for large businesses, PM me and i will advise you on how to go about with this.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Tax also...
totally agree, the tax is horrendous, i know a guy that bought 100 empty "pelican" cases from China the other day and the tax in RSA was almost the same price as what he paid for the empty cases, he will never make that same mistake again.

EDIT: Forgot to add he was hit with 15% VAT as well

Last edited:

Salmank

So listen to what everyone else is saying above, but you need to understand that because you going in blind, you are going to cause a massive cock up with loading and shipping, and it will be a very costly exercise.

I do freight forwarding for large businesses, PM me and i will advise you on how to go about with this.

Seems like uts best to just abandon this idea.

Will just go for a grand holiday, enjoy and return....

The_Traveller

Expert Member

Do market research, look for an opportunity (that you’re passionate about) that will give you joy even through difficulty, then jump in.

Remember, no risk no reward.

Lupus

Honorary Master

Yup a lot of the times the things don't really work out that much cheaper unless you're going for pirated or really badly built products.