Best time to arrive at Wynberg Home Affairs?

Shah33m

Expert Member
I went to Mitchell's Plain Home affairs 2 weeks ago to get an unabridged BC. Got there at 7:30 and was out by 8:45.

PotatoGuardian

Resurrection!

I went to Wynberg and CBD today and got turned away because they've met their quota.

Do I really have to queue at 6am to get in? I thought about going to Paarl or Caledon but that's a 1 to 2 hour drive each way!

Anyone have a recent experience?

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Resurrection!

I went to Wynberg and CBD today and got turned away because they've met their quota.

Do I really have to queue at 6am to get in? I thought about going to Paarl or Caledon but that's a 1 to 2 hour drive each way!

Anyone have a recent experience?
Someone told me the other day that they were standing in the queue before 6am and there were already 60 people in the queue when they got there. This was in the CBD.

JasonK

I have had to go there 4 times in the last 2 years. Collectively I have spent 2 hours there if I am lucky!? Longest wait there was trying to get my baby boy who at the time was (1 year 3 months old) to sit still for picture.

I have found that the best time to go is during mosque on a friday. So at 1, its generally an in and out affair.

Maybe I'm just lucky

SAguy

Expert Member
I tried to go a couple of weeks ago, one in Bellville - I got there at about 12h00 and the queue was down the road and already reached it's cutoff for the day. I drove to Paarl Home Affairs and got there just after 13h00, they were also cut off for the day - queue around the corner.

Ended up using home affairs online and have to go to Standard Bank to get my new ID. Hopefully it all goes smoothly.

newby_investor

Expert Member
I have had to go there 4 times in the last 2 years. Collectively I have spent 2 hours there if I am lucky!? Longest wait there was trying to get my baby boy who at the time was (1 year 3 months old) to sit still for picture.

I have found that the best time to go is during mosque on a friday. So at 1, its generally an in and out affair.

Maybe I'm just lucky
Thread necro for home-affairs again.

For passport applications for minors, do both parents need to be there?