Best true wireless earbuds

rubber_otter

Expert Member
I am sitting with a dilemma.

I had a set of JBL Tune 220TWS earphones that I loved, but had to exchange them due to a charging case issue. The plastic of the earpiece had also started to shift, creating an uncomfortable fit.

I then exchanged them for their younger brothers, the Tune 225TWS, and they, too, are beginning to shift, from this to this.

So my question is, what can you recommend as a replacement earbud that DOES NOT have silicone tips?
I have tried the cheapies and I could not be bothered, they all suck when it comes to battery life, connectivity and sound quality.

I have also considered the Huawei Freebuds 3, unfortunately not the AirPods as they are 30% more expensive than the abovementioned sets. Can anyone make a good recommendation?

deesef

Expert Member

I had a set of JBL Tune 220TWS earphones that I loved, but had to exchange them due to a charging case issue. The plastic of the earpiece had also started to shift, creating an uncomfortable fit.

I then exchanged them for their younger brothers, the Tune 225TWS, and they, too, are beginning to shift, from this to this.

So my question is, what can you recommend as a replacement earbud that DOES NOT have silicone tips?
I have tried the cheapies and I could not be bothered, they all suck when it comes to battery life, connectivity and sound quality.

I have also considered the Huawei Freebuds 3, unfortunately not the AirPods as they are 30% more expensive than the abovementioned sets. Can anyone make a good recommendation?
Cheaper: [R578.49 22% OFF]Original Xiaomi Air2 SE TWS Earphone AirDots Pro 2SE bluetooth Earbuds SBC AAC Touch Control Low Lag Stereo Headphone Audio & Video Devices from Consumer Electronics on banggood

More expensive: [R1,379.68 29% OFF]Original Xiaomi Airdots Pro 2S Air 2S TWS bluetooth Earphone LHDC Tap Control Dual MIC ENC QI Wireless Charging Headphone Audio & Video Devices from Consumer Electronics on banggood

SHL

Expert Member

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
@rubber_otter
Just got some MPow M30 and MPow M30 Plus from Amazon yesterday. They are great. Fit comfortably. I can listen to audio book while driving around the farm on the motorbike. Both pairs, with fast delivery and taxes R1360. Took a week to get to me from USA to the sticks.
1614087700437.png
Specifically got them for their water resistance. I can't be worried about them getting rained on. Won't take them swimming though.

I know you said no tips, but these also have fins that grip the inside on the ear lobe to hold them in place very, very well. So you can remove the tips and not have the passive noise reduction.

Last edited:

calypso

Expert Member
if you dont like silicon tips then just buy some Comply tips. Sony should be releasing the MK4 of their TWS soon. The MK3's are great but bulky.