Best value for money VPS hosting in SA currently?

Tavor

Hear so much conflicting info.
Half like X, half hate them. Etc etc.
I am looking for a well priced (not dirt cheap, just reasonable) VPS host in SA.
Prefer if they can take Paypal for various reasons. I need about 60 Gigs space, 100-200 Gigs traffic monthly, FULLY managed with great support, assistance with migration, CPanel if possible and minimal downtime.
I have a few hundred thousand files that need to move over. Current host is less than helpful.
Advice? Thanks.

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
Can recommend Absolute Hosting.
Great support for all my dumb issues
Thanks for the recommendation.
@Tavor - we’ll be able to offer you a fully managed vps in your flavor of os within two weeks or so as we’re awaiting for new server hardware to land here.

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Company Rep
Thanks. Drop me a pm with email details and we can chat there and see if it is suitable.
Will do - I saw in another thread that you have a forum that you want to move.
I’m quote confident that you could move it to our DirectAdmin hosting packages and it would run without any issues.
Let me know if you are willing to explore this as an option and we could assist you with the migration.

Tavor

Still battling to find a suitable VPS host that is well known and has a good track record.
Closest I am coming is 1-Grid, but there are some negative comments.
Absolute Hosting was looking good, but their managed option adds over R1000 aside from the hosting, making it not viable for the forum.
Kneelo was looking ok with their managed option and a dedicated server....but then they pulled up some maximum number of files limit in their EUA and flushed that option down the toilet. Silly, since most files are never accessed, but need to be there.
Snowwolf...waiting to hear company you are with and see if that is an option.
Web-telecoms..not sure how managed they are.
Most of the others I come across are either not fully managed, or the price hikes with lots of necessary ad-dons.

Anyone got any suggestions for long term hosting? Want the server to be in SA, Paypal or Payfast preferred, need 50 gigs space, 150 Gigs traffic.
Where should I be looking?

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Company Rep
Absolute Hosting was looking good, but their managed option adds over R1000 aside from the hosting, making it not viable for the forum.

Howdy Tavor

Sorry that we might not be able to assist in the possible future as we're still finalizing pricing.
I understand that the management of the server is a big lump to swallow if you are on a budget but as I explained these fees are actually quite cheap when you consider the amount of work and support hours to have an engineer available 24/7.

I'll get back to you as soon as we have pricing in black and white and see if we can try assist you.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out and mention us in this thread.

Glock26

Expert Member
I must mention that Jade's (Absolute Hosting) service is outstanding. Fast and efficient replies and all the info you ask for. Would gladly host there if I can.
All that is stopping me is cost, since it is a free forum and runs off donations, and therefore my monthly has to be about R1200 max. The managed side is because I know very little, and am paying an expert overseas to migrate and setup my site.
There would be almost nothing to do from the server side unless I have any errors, database issues or email hassles. Most of the time there is nothing for the host to do.
Again, highly recommend Jade and if the price comes down before end of the month I will look at it.

Last edited: