Best VOIP deal versus best providers

airborne

Executive Member
Use an ATA instead. Connect your Panasonic cordless to it as a handset
Siiiick!!
I didn't know about those, awesome solution because with the Voip devices with a wireless phone bundled are normally expensive and the handset glitchy/not very good. You can pickup very good Panasonic wireless phones in charity shops for R50 a pop.

Are they pretty hassle free and decent sound quality?
I assuming you need one port per analogue phone that you connect?

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Siiiick!!
I didn't know about those, awesome solution because with the Voip devices with a wireless phone bundled are normally expensive and the handset glitchy/not very good. You can pickup very good Panasonic wireless phones in charity shops for R50 a pop.

Are they pretty hassle free and decent sound quality?
I assuming you need one port per analogue phone that you connect?
Ja. A lot of them are full on VoIP hardware with web server for config, just without the handset and will do echo cancellation and the like.

I used to use the Yeastar TA-100 and Yeastar TA-200 before, but no-one local seems to be supplying them anymore

The Cisco ones are top in terms of quality, but more expensive. Check Cisco SPA-112

I normally get the 2 port. Connect a normally cheapy handset on one port, and a cordless on the other.

For some you can add multiple sip accounts, and choose which port will ring for each. I suggest downloading the manual and checking based on what is available. e.g. Yeastar TA100/200 manual : https://www.yeastar.com/download/Yeastar_TA100&TA200_User_Manual_en.pdf

Last edited:

rh1

Thanks for the feedback. Whilst searching the web, I came across a few articles stating ATA devices are a work around however it affects voice quality. The scoop ATA device is R425. The cheapest scoop VOIP phone is R525. I have to say scoop prices are pretty decent. I saw a VOIP phone advertised on makro as an online exclusive for R1200 on scoop for R675. For the fanvil 2sip colour screen.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Thanks for the feedback. Whilst searching the web, I came across a few articles stating ATA devices are a work around however it affects voice quality. The scoop ATA device is R425. The cheapest scoop VOIP phone is R525. I have to say scoop prices are pretty decent. I saw a VOIP phone advertised on makro as an online exclusive for R1200 on scoop for R675. For the fanvil 2sip colour screen.
It's cheaper if you're a dealer

I don't feel decent ATA's are a work around. If you've fiddled with a lot of sip phones you will find that they are a handset with the same ATA in 1 aesthetic box. There are however a lot of cheap ass ones,which give them that rep.

Molokai

I think he is right. I see Euphoria on my credit card statement when I purchase freshphone airtime.

walt chen

switchtel, I used account at soft PBX, hard PBX, soft phone over computer , android, IOS, all looks good, with only default settings and username/passowrd.