Best VPN to use in 2020?

Cal384

Hi,

I would like to know what VPN's people are using in SA?

What speeds are you getting?
Are you able to watch Netflix, Hulu, BBC player etc?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
WIndscribe. Build a plan for $2 per location with unlimited data and ROBERT adblock. Cheap as chips. Netflix and everything else works if you use the Windflix locations and it'll soon work on all servers..

Cal384

WIndscribe. Build a plan for $2 per location with unlimited data and ROBERT adblock. Cheap as chips. Netflix and everything else works if you use the Windflix locations and it'll soon work on all servers..
Thanks! What are the speeds like using their service?

Crumbl0x

Best for latent privacy? Mullvad paid with cash or crypto.
Best for utmost speeds and dedicated IP's for legal streaming services? TorGuard.
Best bang for buck with overall good support? Windscribe / Nord (if you don't mind the controversies and only do select casual things).

ronald911

Expert Member
I've been using ProtonVPN as I find my Rain LTE connection to feel a touch more stable when I use a vpn - don't know if just placebo or actually have a technical explanation.
Servers worldwide, no complaints for €5 per month.

susefan

all of them, unless you mean regionally adjusted priced in ZAR, which would be highly unlikely that I know of.
Monthly subscriptions in US dollars are a problem in budgeting when we don't know what the ZAR/USD rate will be next month. Wherever possible I now prefer prices in ZAR that will not vary from month to month.

ronald911

Expert Member
Monthly subscriptions in US dollars are a problem in budgeting when we don't know what the ZAR/USD rate will be next month. Wherever possible I now prefer prices in ZAR that will not vary from month to month.

True. However, considering you haven't signed up yet, why don't you over budget a bit, eg think of worst case ZAR/USD exchange rate, eg R25/USD. If the exchange rate is below that (which it is), see it as a saving.