Best way to block sound from the Highway

Rocket-Boy

Honorary Master
Im pretty sure you will get used to it.
In my old offices a train used to go by across the road a few times a day, it was REALLY bad at first.
After a month of being there I didnt even notice it anymore unless it had the brakes on and screeched for a full minute before coming to a stop.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Im pretty sure you will get used to it.
In my old offices a train used to go by across the road a few times a day, it was REALLY bad at first.
After a month of being there I didnt even notice it anymore unless it had the brakes on and screeched for a full minute before coming to a stop.
I used to live above the el train in NY and that ran 24/7, you learn to tune it out.

Frequent visitor

Expert Member
I used to live above the el train in NY and that ran 24/7, you learn to tune it out.
Yes indeed. I was brought up in a house next to the railway, and visitors would say "what's that" as a train went by that we hadn't noticed.

Batista

Executive Member
You will get used to it.Got used to a goods train coming past my uncles house in DBN at 2am and 4am.Takes a few weeks though.

Salmank

Hi there,

Yes. Now I sleep woth the sound of cars.

Told the vrou that we will have to go Drakensburg once a term to filter out all this bad air

The Door

Honorary Master
Hi,

We got a new house across the Highway. The excitement was shortlived when I got awoken with the passing cars at 6 am.

Whats the best way to block the noice and sound from outside?

Double-glazed windows? But then the house becomes to stuffy?

What other options are there?

Thanks,

Salman
Double glazing and ventilation using acoustic ducting and fans.

Toxxyc

Executive Member
A water feature outside the bedroom window also works wonders. We use a white noise generator as well. It's amazing how much noise it drowns out even when just barely audible.