Best way to get cryptocurrency back out in South Africa

MarnusSteyn

So I used Luno to buy myself some bitcoin, I then proceeded to convert it to Ethereum via shapeshift.io and then left it to grow. It is now at a point where I am ready to pull it back out for real cash. The only place I know in SA to buy and sell BTC/LTC/NMC with ZAR is altcointrader.co.za - Problem is, I am hesitant to convert my ETH for BTC again, as I lost some value in the conversion process. Should I sell ETH for BTC (instead of converting) and then pull it out at altcointrader.co.za or what?
Thank you in advance!

DukeofHouse

How much ETH are you planning on selling/converting? I'm sure a few folks here would buy it off you.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
ice3x if you can wait a week or two (and believe their timeline)

Thor

Honorary Master
So I used Luno to buy myself some bitcoin, I then proceeded to convert it to Ethereum via shapeshift.io and then left it to grow. It is now at a point where I am ready to pull it back out for real cash. The only place I know in SA to buy and sell BTC/LTC/NMC with ZAR is altcointrader.co.za - Problem is, I am hesitant to convert my ETH for BTC again, as I lost some value in the conversion process. Should I sell ETH for BTC (instead of converting) and then pull it out at altcointrader.co.za or what?
Thank you in advance!
Wait for ice3x to sort our their issues. Until then Luno is the only gaurenteed way

Raees123

I'm willing to buy it off you. But I am not paying higher than market rate for the coins. Message me if interested

Raees123

I really want this Eth but I'm so reluctant to buy from a new guy on the forum.

MarnusSteyn

I really want this Eth but I'm so reluctant to buy from a new guy on the forum.

I Really do share the same mindset, and would have felt the same way, but is there some way I can elicit some credibility from my side? Any sugestions are welcome :)

CAPS LOCK

Executive Member
I Really do share the same mindset, and would have felt the same way, but is there some way I can elicit some credibility from my side? Any sugestions are welcome :)

Suggest you work through a person you both trust, kind of an escrow arrangement. But means you will attract an extra ETH txn fee.

Thor

Honorary Master
Marnus you want to sell Eth correct?

Raees123 you want to buy Eth correct?

Marnus how much do you want to sell?

Raees123 how much do you want to buy?

I might facilitate, I buy form him EFT'ing into his account if funds (Eth shows in my wallet) and then Raees I sell ehter to you and you EFT me.

I charge 10% above market rate when I sell ether (so just keep that in mind).

MarnusSteyn

I might facilitate, I buy form him EFT'ing into his account if funds (Eth shows in my wallet) and then Raees I sell ehter to you and you EFT me.

That seems like a good idea.I have 0.10387 ETH (Worth about ~R500 at the moment). What do you need from me next?

Last edited:

Thor

Honorary Master
That seems like a good idea.I have 0.10387 ETH (Worth about ~R500 at the moment). What do you need from me next?
Sweet,

PM me your cell number.

I'll ask for your bank details.
You send your ether to my Jaxx wallet, when the transaction appears on my end, I EFT you R500 (assuming that is what the ether is worth after transfer costs, in other words I do not want to fund the fees).

Last edited:

Awesum

Expert Member
Just remember you are going to pay fees to get it in and out of your wallet.

MarnusSteyn

Sweet,

PM me your cell number.

I'll ask for your bank details.
You send your ether to my Jaxx wallet, when the transaction appears on my end, I EFT you R500 (assuming that is what the ether is worth after transfer costs, in other words I do not want to fund the fees).

Will do, thank you!

DukeofHouse

I know you're trying to help, but I can't help but laugh at the irony that the "middle man" is exactly what crypto currencies are tryng to move away from! And here you are - a bit supporter of this - doing the very same thing! :D