Best Wifi mesh system for 3 storey 650m2 house

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Not sure what you're on about... So you're assuming that by living in a 3 storey house the OP has unlimited funds to spend ?
Sure. "Unlimited" is your own hyperbole, but why would the OP baulk at a decent solution?

Aquadyne

Expert Member
Received the Tenda yesterday . Installed it this morning . I have to say I’m very impressed.

Firstly installation is super simple. Literally plug and play.

I read that there might be issues with google home . Nothing . Renamed the old WiFi to guest. Renamed the tenda WiFi to same name and password as the old one was. All smart switches , devices and google home works .

And speed. In my bedroom used to get 4meg on speed test. Now 18 , from a 20 meg line.

Signal all over the property including the corner of garden where pool pump is.

So far I would thoroughly recommend it.
Awesome - Glad that you are happy with your purchase.

It sometimes happens to that you could experience an issue during initial setup of smart devices on the network, but then all you have to do is enable the Smart Assistant

This is mainly due to smart devices working on 2.4GHz.

See screenshot image.

gimpex

yeah everything just seems to have worked out the box . Including connecting to both 2,4 and 5ghz devices .

Luke7777

Executive Member
Sure. "Unlimited" is your own hyperbole, but why would the OP baulk at a decent solution?
He didn't... I asked what budget he is looking at. Hy responded with a 9k solution . You decided to contribute with you BMW comment

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Received the Tenda yesterday . Installed it this morning . I have to say I’m very impressed.

Firstly installation is super simple. Literally plug and play.

I read that there might be issues with google home . Nothing . Renamed the old WiFi to guest. Renamed the tenda WiFi to same name and password as the old one was. All smart switches , devices and google home works .

And speed. In my bedroom used to get 4meg on speed test. Now 18 , from a 20 meg line.

Signal all over the property including the corner of garden where pool pump is.

So far I would thoroughly recommend it.
great stuff!!

im super happy with mine , works like a charm, and when we have guests over , creating a guest network is done really quick, you also dont have to remember to turn it off, as you can get an expiration time for the network

ijacobs3

Expert Member
yeah everything just seems to have worked out the box . Including connecting to both 2,4 and 5ghz devices .
that has been me experience as well, very little config needed, and it automatically switches devices between 2.4 and 5 ,

under_sky

Expert Member
Try a power line system if your house is single phase, just makes life easier, cables are best but a mesh system on different levels can struggle a bit.
Lan cables are gonna be the cheapest to access points even with the mesh system.
But if thats a mission power line on the same phase otherwise if single phase house GG ez then

Shaun108

Executive Member
Run cables. Ethernet shielded cables are cheaper than a local hooker and a night at the pub.

blunt

Expert Member
Mesh systems are great but the mesh points need to be fairly close especially with lots of walls. I've got an AmpliFi HD + 2 Meshpoints + AmpliFi Instant router in a 250sqm floor plan ("U" shaped). Before I added the additional instant router which I hard wired to the other side of the house the furthest parts of the house still got poor signal. Unfortunately we have open ceilings so running cable means an outside job.

Heavily depends on your floor plan I'd say.

I had a Ubiquiti LR before and they arent great - maybe in a big open space but when there are walls it was worse than a Mikrotik hAPac

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Mesh systems are great but the mesh points need to be fairly close especially with lots of walls. I've got an AmpliFi HD + 2 Meshpoints + AmpliFi Instant router in a 250sqm floor plan ("U" shaped). Before I added the additional instant router which I hard wired to the other side of the house the furthest parts of the house still got poor signal. Unfortunately we have open ceilings so running cable means an outside job.

Heavily depends on your floor plan I'd say.

I had a Ubiquiti LR before and they arent great - maybe in a big open space but when there are walls it was worse than a Mikrotik hAPac
Ubiquiti has a reasonably good modelling tool to illustrate exactly this.