Beware fake LTE resellers in South Africa

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Beware fake LTE resellers in South Africa

Users on the MyBroadband forum recently discovered a local fixed-LTE provider offering "Premium Uncapped LTE" for R699 per month.

The deal ostensibly includes 24-hour uncapped mobile data, although there is a fair usage policy of 1TB imposed, after which the company states that your connection will be limited to 5Mbps.

Nod

Executive Member
The state of broadband in SA. People are desperate for cheaper uncapped internet.

Nemoneiros

Daruk

Honorary Master
Tech Global did not respond by the time of publication.

:ROFL:
Tech Global likely banned you from their chat.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Tech Global said it offered its fixed-LTE products on Cell C and MTN’s networks, although one could assume that the data on its website has not been updated following the termination of Cell C’s fixed-LTE wholesale services.
Ok so MyBB managed to contact this Tech Global entity and it responded in some form (hopefully not just a live chat thing).

Who are the individuals perpetuating what appears to be a scam?

jptees

Jip. I also used the scam and after 100gb service stopped working. Tried with several email, they didnt even come back and dont answer phone calls. Put bad review in on hello Peter. Come back and say I'm not a registered user. Sharks!!!

eagle2k

I'd like to know how Openweb can offer a bigger FUP than Telkom

They are offering a R1499 uncapped package with 200GB @ 12mbps
Then 150GB @ 6mbps
And then uncapped after that on 3mbps

As far as I know the largest package on Telkom Uncapped it only offers

150GB @ 10mbps
50GB @ 4mbps and 2mpbs further on
- Of which Webafrica offers and all of the Telkom LTE Sim only packages on month to month.