Beware of legal action for your BlackBerry transfers

yebocan

Honorary Master
Haha go f@#$ yourselves Vodacom.

+1

Go **** yourself Vodacom. You are not able to protect your product from being abused, now you want to come with sweeping measures....- I am sorry , limitation is your fault, correct it...!!

CAPS LOCK

Executive Member
Imagine all the 10 year old kids lined up in court as respondants to Vodascum's court action, a marketing genius in the making. Nando's will surely have a field day on this one.

Haldex

Expert Member
They make it sound silly.
Perhaps add a size limit, any content larger than 50MB will be deemed as "illegal" if they intend monitoring smaller files, they really have their job cut out for them...

TheGuy

Expert Member
What's with all the VC hate? They are just trying to make the experience better for the people not abusing the service. I'll bet RIM is not allowing them any sort of access to be able to monitor abuse so this is all that they can do.

ld13

Honorary Master
These 'limits'/threats are just to deter the abusers that make the BIS service slow for everyone else. Nice one Vodacom!

But ya, for the moaners: Just watch the content you downloaded on your BB... or 'steam' the content to your PC ;-)

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
This is obviously targeted at the guys that download movies and series on their Blackberries. Don't be retarded guys.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Lol, vodacom digging a bigger grave. So if I "tether" my phone and download I can now be prosecuted? For using the device and contract correctly? I can understand where they are going with BIS but trying to be draconian and say anything downloaded on your phone and transfered is just stupid.

Wonder how many more will jump ship now.

DTBA

Expert Member
Seriously, Vodacom, FU

yea i got to agree where is mnr jannie

bye vodacom I will be with mtn from now on

this is just a load of ************

of i get a photo over whatsapp and then save it on my pc ill be in jail for the rest of my life!

Mouse

Expert Member
How can they detect if you copy a file out of your phone to a PC etc?

DTBA

Expert Member
Lol, vodacom digging a bigger grave. So if I "tether" my phone and download I can now be prosecuted? For using the device and contract correctly? I can understand where they are going with BIS but trying to be draconian and say anything downloaded on your phone and transfered is just stupid.

Wonder how many more will jump ship now.

This is just sily do they even know how many people will know of this ? there will be so many people out there that have no clue of this and what it means and how are they going to enforce this rule ?

froot

Honorary Master
How can they detect if you copy a file out of your phone to a PC etc?

Good question.

In most likeliness it's not possible to monitor that, unless they have some dodgy spyware on your phone, which would constitute invasion of privacy.

yebocan

Honorary Master
curious, is there any other mobile network out there that is having the same "blackberry abuse" as Vodacom is having? If yes, how did they address this. Do not own a BlackBerry, not even on Vodacom....but when you come with draconian crap, because you can not protect your product adequately, shows either no thought has been put into the redress, or you do not have an answer/solution.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
the tampering clause sounds reasonable, and I can understand file size limits... but seriously, the rest of this is bunk! :D

How are they going to enforce this and police it? How are they going to take legal action (costing thousands of rands) against a user who wasted R20 of their money???

twhitehead

So if I forward an email, from my blackberry, to my pc, am I breaking their terms and conditions and liable to be sued? Or is it only if I use a physical cable?