Beware sharing your DStv Now or Showmax login details

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Beware sharing your DStv Now or Showmax login details

DStv Now and Showmax users who have shared their login details or had them exposed may struggle to remove an authorised user from their account once they have access.

This is because it is currently not possible for users to force other devices to log out of their DStv or Showmax account, even after resetting a compromised password.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
The fact that they still insist on limiting the overall number of devices rather than just the number of simultaneous streams demonstrates their intention to make life unnecessarily difficult.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
i linked my iPad years ago on a buddies account, i honestly havent even launched the app in many years, go away DSTV, we dont care
/spit

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
The fact that they still insist on limiting the overall number of devices rather than just the number of simultaneous streams demonstrates their intention to make life unnecessarily difficult.
Another proudly shithole production

DarkImpact

How could he have removed "several" devices from his account the one day and then proceed to remove more devices again the next day when DSTV only allows you to remove 2 listed devices in 6 months? Meh, maybe the limits don't actually work.

lkswan747

Expert Member
Sounds like an SABC move, you are restricted to 1 household per subscription to DSTV (who is paying for the service?) If memory serves me SABC restrict TV licenses to 1 household (If your have a "granny flat" sorry for you!

Thank goodness I no longer get ripped off by either of them!

thechamp

Honorary Master
Sounds like an SABC move, you are restricted to 1 household per subscription to DSTV (who is paying for the service?) If memory serves me SABC restrict TV licenses to 1 household (If your have a "granny flat" sorry for you!

Thank goodness I no longer get ripped off by either of them!
Are you not understanding it wrong? Only one license needed per household, buy one tv set for the main house and another for the granny flat, or would rather pay a license for all the TV sets you have?

Craig

Honorary Master
I also have a friend's dstv log in, haven't used it in a long time. There is almost never anything to watch on dstv so I don't bother anymore.

It's only for the sport, and nowadays even that isn't on anymore.

namzsteve

Expert Member
I also have a friend's dstv log in, haven't used it in a long time. There is almost never anything to watch on dstv so I don't bother anymore.

It's only for the sport, and nowadays even that isn't on anymore.
This.

Urist

Expert Member
Using my swaerries's... dstv is not very good though, so I hardly ever use it, unless there's a rugby match i'll be expected to know about next weekended around the braai.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
This is because it is currently not possible for users to force other devices to log out of their DStv or Showmax account, even after resetting a compromised password.
And just how difficult is it to implement this? I mean... sho.

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
When he opened the DStv Now app on his smartphone, he noticed that several unknown devices had been added to his account and his own smartphone had been removed.
Huh :unsure: