Beware !! Vodacom lies about Travel Saver discount - R1,100 bill in 2 days

anh

Beware !!! Vodacom is advertising one thing but then charging according to totally different policy.

For the last 4 months I have been trying to resolve a complaint going back to 28 & 29 January.
I was roaming on the Vodafone Malta network - and activated the Vodacom Travel Saver.
According to this - following should have applied:
- R30/day service fee for Travel Saver
- R2,50/min for calls,
- R2/MB for data
I activated the service and got an sms confirming that.
Over 2 days, I used less than 10MB data. Should have been R20. Instead I was charged R1,004.40.
That is R100 per MB !!!!! Which century are we in?
Over the same 2 days I made 3 calls totally 5:50 which should have cost R15. Instead I was charged R128.95.

Beware.
Most other countries in the world have regulation for Bill-shock prevention to limit customers from such ripoffs.
But not Vodacom - who are totally taking people for a ride.

Beware - and best approach - buy a local SIM instead than trust these networks with their roaming charges.

anh

Hi tRoN

Exactly - Vodafone Malta is covered on that list. It is a shocker. And the query has been ongoing since I opened the 1st one on 11th February. The have previously closed a query I opened - without even getting my confirmation about it.
Again today I was promised that supervisor would call me before 5pm - surprise surprise !!

koeksGHT

Dealer
Hi tRoN

Exactly - Vodafone Malta is covered on that list. It is a shocker. And the query has been ongoing since I opened the 1st one on 11th February. The have previously closed a query I opened - without even getting my confirmation about it.
Again today I was promised that supervisor would call me before 5pm - surprise surprise !!
Did you expect anything different from networks :p

tRoN

Executive Member
Hi tRoN

That's so unfair.
I see it's only for contract customers as I would have rather used a prepaid sim for overseas use.
The worst is them not acknowledging the error in the first place.

Btw did u keep that activation SMS ?

anh

You bet - I have the sms confirming that I was activated on the service.
When I used this service - I was so paranoid. I even made sure that I sent the activation message again on the 2nd day just to make sure that it was still active. Everything by the book..... from my side at least !

tRoN

Executive Member
You bet - I have the sms confirming that I was activated on the service.
When I used this service - I was so paranoid. I even made sure that I sent the activation message again on the 2nd day just to make sure that it was still active. Everything by the book..... from my side at least !
Maybe the second message cancelled the first ?