Beware when ordering from RARU...

airborne

Honorary Master
Can you do that if you paid with a debit card?
Yes they have near identical protections in that regard, just contact the fraud department of your bank and they will explain the process, it's pretty straightforward.

SZN

Expert Member
I placed an order with Raru on 18 Aug, a couple days later (20 Aug) I was told that there was no stock of the item and that I could request a refund.

So I requested the refund on 20 Aug and they said it would be processed.

It's now 20 Sep (literally a month later) and I have still not received my refund. Customer Services keeps saying that they have a high volume of refunds and that my refund will be processed.

This company is such a scam, AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

@rpm / @Jan please expose this incompetent company and their government-like service levels.

MyBB should warn potential customers about companies that operate like this.

LeftRightLeft

I placed an order with Raru on 18 Aug, a couple days later (20 Aug) I was told that there was no stock of the item and that I could request a refund.

So I requested the refund on 20 Aug and they said it would be processed.

It's now 20 Sep (literally a month later) and I have still not received my refund. Customer Services keeps saying that they have a high volume of refunds and that my refund will be processed.

This company is such a scam, AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

@rpm / @Jan please expose this incompetent company and their government-like service levels.

MyBB should warn potential customers about companies that operate like this.
Agree 100%. This company should be exposed for their nonsense. Even their courier service is garbage. For delivering to rural areas they charge an additional fee, something that other online retailers don't do. They also list their delivery time as 3 to 6 work days for rural areas while other online retailers get it done within 2 to 3 days. I do live in an out of the way area, but I've used other online retailers before and they do not add additional charges for delivering to out of the way areas, and the other retailers I have used usually deliver my goods within 2 to 3 days, even though I live in the middle of nowhere. Raru has no excuse for their extra delivery charges and longer delivery times when others don't do that. This company is a disgrace. Their listed times for items that they have to "order from supplier" is also ridiculous. They have it listed as 15 to 25 days. That's funny, other retailers can get the goods from their suppliers within 3 to 7 days.

Something else I noticed about Raru that is very annoying, on the day that they dispatch your order they wait until end of day (after 17h00) to dispatch your order, meaning you lose that 1 day and your parcel then takes an extra day to be delivered. Other online retailers I have used usually dispatch your order early in the morning on the day of dispatch. Raru really needs to be held up to much higher standards.

In the time it has taken that Raru has kept me waiting for my PS5 KOODOO has already gotten new PS5 stock in twice during that time.

Tim_vb

Yes they have near identical protections in that regard, just contact the fraud department of your bank and they will explain the process, it's pretty straightforward.
Always use your card for online payments - no other payment system comes near the level of consumer protection you get using a card from a decent bank

LeftRightLeft

This is just another example of how far our country has fallen. The fact that businesses with such poor service are still allowed to operate is ridiculous. I guess it's true what they say, the only way to make money in South Africa is to be a skelm. The worse your service is the more you are allowed to stay in business it seems. :mad:

Elmo1980

Why did I only find this now placed a order for a PlayStation 5 in September first said stock will arrive 15 Oct, on the 14th the arrive date changed to the 31st Oct and Koodoo got stock in yesterday. So I asked them if the got stock yesterday and this is the replay I got from them

Good day Michael

Thank you for your email.

Please click on the link below.
https://raru.co.za/electronics/search/playstation+5+console

Kind regards,
Bronwynne
Raru Customer Services
Tel: 0861-560-561

Sensorei

Executive Member
Good luck. I placed a R12K order with RARU for a graphics card in February with stock ETA end of the month. The ETA was pushed back every time for the next 4 months. when I reqyested a refund I had to wait until mid August to get my money back, after threatening worth the ombudsman.

Elmo1980

Good luck. I placed a R12K order with RARU for a graphics card in February with stock ETA end of the month. The ETA was pushed back every time for the next 4 months. when I reqyested a refund I had to wait until mid August to get my money back, after threatening worth the ombudsman.
Damn my previous order in 2018 was great and the Supply Source was the UK

LeftRightLeft

Why did I only find this now placed a order for a PlayStation 5 in September first said stock will arrive 15 Oct, on the 14th the arrive date changed to the 31st Oct and Koodoo got stock in yesterday. So I asked them if the got stock yesterday and this is the replay I got from them

Good day Michael

Thank you for your email.

Please click on the link below.
https://raru.co.za/electronics/search/playstation+5+console

Kind regards,
Bronwynne
Raru Customer Services
Tel: 0861-560-561
Yeah there is definitely something very fishy going on over at RARU. If you look at the customer reviews on the PS5 you will notice a ton of people claiming they got their PS5 a mere two or three days after ordering. From my own recent personal experience I can tell you that is a load of horse dung. I'm thinking these clowns create false reviews to make themselves look good. And if you contact RARU directly then they have a laundry list of excuses ready to fire away at you. What's worse is that with this piss poor service these clowns have the arrogance to charge additional delivery fees for anyone living outside of a main center. No other online retailer does that. At least none of the ones that I've used. They're courier service also takes twice as long as that of TAKEALOT and EVERYSHOP.

I did eventually get my PS5, but I had to wait an entire month for it, plus the aditional devlivery fees amounted to almost R200. Smh. While I was waiting for my PS5 from RARU during that time KOODOO got new PS5 stock in twice. KOODOO got new PS5 units in TWICE, while RARU still kept me waiting, and even GAME of all places got some stock in while I was still waiting on RARU. These guys really are a bunch of clowns. Everything in this country is going down the toilet.

Elmo1980

Yeah there is definitely something very fishy going on over at RARU. If you look at the customer reviews on the PS5 you will notice a ton of people claiming they got their PS5 a mere two or three days after ordering. From my own recent personal experience I can tell you that is a load of horse dung. I'm thinking these clowns create false reviews to make themselves look good. And if you contact RARU directly then they have a laundry list of excuses ready to fire away at you. What's worse is that with this piss poor service these clowns have the arrogance to charge additional delivery fees for anyone living outside of a main center. No other online retailer does that. At least none of the ones that I've used. They're courier service also takes twice as long as that of TAKEALOT and EVERYSHOP.

I did eventually get my PS5, but I had to wait an entire month for it, plus the aditional devlivery fees amounted to almost R200. Smh. While I was waiting for my PS5 from RARU during that time KOODOO got new PS5 stock in twice. KOODOO got new PS5 units in TWICE, while RARU still kept me waiting, and even GAME of all places got some stock in while I was still waiting on RARU. These guys really are a bunch of clowns. Everything in this country is going down the toilet.
I recon they delete bad reviews from there site. There is a thread on a other forum that said they deleted a post and thread from that forum.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I recon they delete bad reviews from there site. There is a thread on a other forum that said they deleted a post and thread from that forum.
In this scenario - takealot do the same. I don't trust any of the local site reviews. Takealot also bump up their own product reviews with positive reviews.

X-Gamer

Expert Member
Myself and a buddy took advantage of a Raru Promo / Payday discount, cant remember which. We ordered different things (Myself: Kingston NVme, buddy: Thermal pads).

It's now a week past delivery date and we both received basically the same excuse. "Supplier back-logged... high order volumes...we will get feedback in the next week or the week thereafter" .

I mean, WTF. How can it take that long to get feedback/an ETA? They "confirmed" that the supplier has stock and the order has been allocated, but they have no clue what's happening apparently.

Considering ordering the same thing from another online store to test their excuse. :cautious:

X-Gamer

Expert Member
Update: Ordered the same Kingston Nvme drive from Rebeltech yesterday, and it has already shipped out.
Raru expects to receive the item from the supplier at the latest on Friday and then will have it delivered by Wednesday next week.

What the hell is going on at Raru? 3 Weeks for them to not even have stock of the item.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Wouldnt surprise me if they need to build up cash to pay for orders from suppliers, so basically someone needs to order from them now to pay for your order three weeks ago.... he then needs to wait for someone else to order so there's cash for his order.

JohnMao

Executive Member
...my son's order is late from them. The first order a couple of months ago saw us sweating bullets as it was for his birthday present.
This time around, it's something he saved up for in order to add to what he had. Dispatch date was Friday. Now it's late. Just emailed these plonkers to find out if the order is late (I know it is, but it's for peace of mind). I expect the usual: Would you like your money back? reply.
This will be the last time and I will flame them at every given chance I get.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
...my son's order is late from them. The first order a couple of months ago saw us sweating bullets as it was for his birthday present.
This time around, it's something he saved up for in order to add to what he had. Dispatch date was Friday. Now it's late. Just emailed these plonkers to find out if the order is late (I know it is, but it's for peace of mind). I expect the usual: Would you like your money back? reply.
Involve their payment gate(s), their hosting company. Write email and cc them in; they are in fact facilitating it and should actually be accountable imho. Worst case you don't get your order, then do a credit reversal.

X-Gamer

Expert Member
More info!
Raru said:
I would like to advise you that we have just spoken to our supplier regarding your order and they have advised that they are reaching the point of dispatching all our orders as they have managed to resolve all delays on their side.
With this being said, your item should arrive Tomorrow, latest would be Friday, just to give courier enough time to arrive.
As soon as your item arrive, we will have it packaged and dispatched out to you asap.

Tomorrow, no wait, Friday! LOL
How many suppliers of Kingston NVME drives do we actually have in this country? Rebeltech and Raru have similar pricing which leads me to believe that they are using the same supplier. @rpm would be an interesting investigation.

Well, I'm not surprised at this point. It annoys me that they still show 3-5 working days lead time on most of their items even though they've been having "supplier problems" since October.