BF2042 - There are local servers

BlackStatic

I would take the higher ping and more populated servers anyway. I played BFV few months ago. There was only ever 1 or 2 games locally on PS4. If I wanted to queue with friends we had to start a new lobby and wait more than 20 to 30 min for it to fill up
Oh hell yes, brother, the one thing I LOVE hearing before handing over R1300 for a game is "No local servers lmao but hey dude It's not so bad!"

In fact, we should pay R2000 and have 200ms in all our FPS multiplayer only games, IMO.

maxresdefault.jpg

MidnightZA

Expert Member
Oh hell yes, brother, the one thing I LOVE hearing before handing over R1300 for a game is "No local servers lmao but hey dude It's not so bad!"

In fact, we should pay R2000 and have 200ms in all our FPS multiplayer only games, IMO.

View attachment 1156722

If you don't like it don't buy it. Plain and simple. If you cant deal with higher ping, then stick to single player games or couch co op games.

JohnStarr

Executive Member

View attachment 1156722
Are you childish little rants because you're under 18 and well, a child? Or because it's an excuse to post random South Park pics? I am sure there's a thread for that.

Enigmo

I recently went back to BF1 when BF2042 started to gain some hype. Local servers were empty so tried some of that European ping. Jeez, I got absolutely plastered.

When it comes to FPS imo latency is the most important aspect. That being said, warzone is ok at 170ms. So here's hoping that OP is completely wrong.

cyberghost47

That's great to hear! Does it have Crossplay? I'd try it out but I think Xbox don't really have a user base for fifa here.

From what I've gathered there's only Cross-Gen support. No Crossplay between consoles unfortunately. I play on PC though and I'm not having trouble finding opponents. I'm sure there's a bigger community on xbox than there is on PC and considering Cross-Gen support that increases the pool size quite significantly.

But let's not derail the Thread. BF2042 Beta is soon right? Should shine some light on the server situation.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
I recently went back to BF1 when BF2042 started to gain some hype. Local servers were empty so tried some of that European ping. Jeez, I got absolutely plastered.

When it comes to FPS imo latency is the most important aspect. That being said, warzone is ok at 170ms. So here's hoping that OP is completely wrong.
Depends. What is your ping latency on European servers? Try South America as well. America and Asia are a bust.

BlackStatic

Depends. What is your ping latency on European servers? Try South America as well. America and Asia are a bust.
Or play on locally hosted servers like any normal person without serious motor neuron deficiency? Dude, if you want to be a little tietkop clown contrarian, it might make an EA engineer doing network planning research go "Oh, it's not so bad, see what this guy says, we can save money by not deploying over there."

Absolutely nobody likes playing action / FPS games on servers 13000km away.

Brawler

Honorary Master
How is BF on high ping? PUBG and Overwatch was playable for me for example. Some people just see a high ping and immediately lose their minds.
From my experience BF is not enjoyable with a high ping. Get used to getting shot behind walls etc. I will not buy it without local servers.

Apex Legends on the other hand is very good at around 170ms. It falls apart after that though.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
From my experience BF is not enjoyable with a high ping. Get used to getting shot behind walls etc. I will not buy it without local servers.

Apex Legends on the other hand is very good at around 170ms. It falls apart after that though.
Some eastern European servers have pings around that level of 170ms. It's OK, not great, but beats the 250ms of America and Asia/Oz, and at least I can play.
Whether or not they have servers here is another story and they'll probably make that decision based on the size of the player base.

BlackStatic

We'll see in two days if we have local servers, but I gotta say, EA were in the process of pulling back BF servers in both SA and the Middle East just as covid struck, they let the servers run, but I think that wasn't because of EA's benevolence, more like they didn't have staff to complete the decommission work.

This lets me worry about their future BF / ZA server plans, if you ask anyone from EA/DICE about it they just clam right up.

Might be counting on people buying the game anyway and just playing on EU servers...

It's also likely that having local servers for Fifa makes more business sense, as they likely have a much bigger playerbase here than Battlefield, BF might also have a higher hosting cost for hardware given the player counts per map etc.

This PartWelsh guy is the EA/DICE community manager.

bf5-middle-east-servers.png