BF2042 - There are local servers

Skimmie

Did you guys pre order the game, or playing the beta through EA play subscription ?

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Jumped in a game a bit earlier on Xbox. Game looks amazing, feels good to play too.

Only issue I saw was that most of the players were bots at the moment, guess this will improve when more players join. It's a bit jarring though having such a huge ttk disparity on the bots vs real players, I ended up dying a few times because I stopped firing too early because I was used to the bots ttk.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Just be aware that EA has a habit of having local servers during beta periods and then yanking the servers on release.

animehero

Expert Member
No pre-order on my end, I've just downloaded it. Prompts for Origin login. Currently going through the motions now but I think it's going to block me from playing until the 8th
Yup, it moans that you have to pre-purchase to access it

deathburst

I bought a month EA access to play. Pretty good with SA servers. Still a couple of bugs here and there.

JohnMao

Executive Member
Downloading the Beta now in Origin. 18GB. Hopefully my gaming laptop will play it, otherwise it's time for another one.

static_sa

Expert Member
Ahh okay, so for the scrubs out there that didn't pre order (including myself), we'll need to wait for the 8th October to play

1633523355784.png

[XC] Oj101

Dealer
FA8qW80WQAAIOu9.jpg

Our timezone wasn't mentioned. I don't know if that has any relation to server locations.

killerbyte

Expert Member
I have stopped using Origin in favour of the new EA Play app. I find it more stable and doesn't lose my credentials every time I restart my PC.

BlackStatic

FA8qW80WQAAIOu9.jpg

Our timezone wasn't mentioned. I don't know if that has any relation to server locations.
Yeah that image sent weird messaging, thankfully we've got some local hosting.

I wonder, if feedback is too negative, if they'd Cyberpunk the game and delay to 2022. I'm enjoying it for what it is, but I see lots of negative feedback over on EA Answers etc.