Biased Motoring journalists / authors

stroller

Expert Member
My call of shoddy reporting and incorrect facts is in relation to the standards that the editor of Car magazine sets out in his leader of the June 2019 edition.
The editor goes into the procedure and methodology of a road test. If this is done as he states then as sure as shyte a four cylinder engine will not be reported as three cylinder unit. There are no "meaningless words"; it is either poor editing or ignorance.

asshat99

My call of shoddy reporting and incorrect facts is in relation to the standards that the editor of Car magazine sets out in his leader of the June 2019 edition.
The editor goes into the procedure and methodology of a road test. If this is done as he states then as sure as shyte a four cylinder engine will not be reported as three cylinder unit. There are no "meaningless words"; it is either poor editing or ignorance.
Why not both poor editing and ignorance? What is your excuse though?

You guys are so precious about a glossy advert magazine. It is like you think it is the holy word of some god - free of any error. Get over it - it is a consumer rag to sell adverts to people looking for something to read while in the queue for the pnp till. I think it is an ego thing. You are a 'ware petrol head' because you spotted a mistake that evaded the fake 'petrol heads' who get to drive cool cars for a living. This means you must be better than them.

Last edited:

asshat99

Another favourite of the SA lifestyle motoring journalist is to claim something is 'underdamped' when it is crashy with potholes. Or 'overdamped' when it bounces for 3 km after a speed bump like most hyundai CUVs. No. Absolutely clueless.

stroller

Expert Member
Why not both poor editing and ignorance? What is your excuse though?

You guys are so precious about a glossy advert magazine. It is like you think it is the holy word of some god - free of any error. Get over it - it is a consumer rag to sell adverts to people looking for something to read while in the queue for the pnp till. I think it is an ego thing. You are a 'ware petrol head' because you spotted a mistake that evaded the fake 'petrol heads' who get to drive cool cars for a living. This means you must be better than them.
I read Evo, Wheels (Aussie mag), Auto Express and many other car magazines.
Would you care to show us how many of these magazines publish very obvious, and I mean very fcuking obvious erronous technical specs?
Please do!

Those guys know what they are talking about............Car magazine reporters enjoy the cigars, whisky and free jaunts to exotic places.

Car magazine is supposed to be for the people who have a passion cars and they have failed.

asshat99

I read Evo, Wheels (Aussie mag), Auto Express and many other car magazines.
Would you care to show us how many of these magazines publish very obvious, and I mean very fcuking obvious erronous technical specs?
Please do!

Those guys know what they are talking about............Car magazine reporters enjoy the cigars, whisky and free jaunts to exotic places.

Car magazine is supposed to be for the people who have a passion cars and they have failed.
They have all made mistakes. Your current mistake (apart from the random attack on the fiesta guy) is holding this rag to the same standard as those magazines.

Car magazine is supposed to be to make money from advertisers and they have succeeded.

As I have stated time and time again, nobody thinks mistakes are good, or are defending the mistake. They are just disgusted by your behaviour and your ego (and your belief that car magazine is anything more than a VW club rag for the advertisers). You sound jealous that they get 'free jaunts' and booze when you are the 'ware passionate petrolhead' who (when inches were still a thing) got a head machined. They should listen to your opinion!

Last edited:

asshat99

Show me their errors.
Really? Do you R E A L L Y think they have never made a mistake? Ever? Do you want me to check every single number for you? It is isn't even worth googling because very few people go into autistic meltdowns about some silly mistake about an indian cheapie. Even Mr I-once-machined-a-head-when-inches-were-a-thing admits to mistakes.

Can Mr Perfect not read? No one is defending the mistake. Rather your bizarre attack and simultaneous defence of a magazine that you feel so betrayed by. Get over it. People who make mistakes get paid more than you do and get free booze and 'ware passionate petrol heads' like you get to moan about them while simultaneously defending them - even though you have much better things to read.

Also, EVO is super mediocre now - mainly about photos. SA a bit slow on the trends there.

And don't fake quotes. I did not say "please indulge me".

Last edited:

stroller

Expert Member
I read and I access what is true and accurate opinion. If bullshyte appears I call the shots.
Should you enjoy and accept misreporting, have a nice day.

asshat99

I read and I access what is true and accurate opinion. If bullshyte appears I call the shots.
Should you enjoy and accept misreporting, have a nice day.
Pretty rich talking about 'misreporting' when you faked me saying "please indulge me". If you made a mistake like that on one of your olde time engines, it would be disastrous lol

Found an EVO lying around in reception. Issue 88. Carrera 2 magically becomes a Carrera 4 on page 115/118. They don't even know what car they are reviewing11!1One! They should rather employ a "passionate ware petrol head" who knows these things! Accurate opinion? lol - they had to ditch their eCOTY format because of the garbage they spewed.
Edit: "Please send corrections to stephend@evo.co.uk. "
They have a whole guy for this lol.

Again, no one is defending the error. Reading is not your strong suit. Maybe this is why you don't get free booze despite being a 'ware passionate petrolhead who knows more than anyone'. No one enjoys misreporting. I hope you fix cars better than you deflect from your disgusting little attack.

Last edited:

planeboy

I believe also car mag is bias towards VW and Audi. My example is as follow. Sister was in market for a city car. I suggested she go test the vw up (even though I am not a vw fan) Hyundai grand i10 (my daily drive) Kia picanto 1.2 smart and she also did the Mahindra KUV as she liked the look. According to car the vw up is best city car. She liked the up but was umderpowered and overpriced. She ended up with the picanto as you cannot beat the specs of smart model. Its a brilliant car deserving a better score than vw up. Longer warranty, similar fuel consumption ( she gets 5 - 6L per 100km mixed driving) its a fun car to drive and looks really hot with those LEDs. It was crash tested in newer ncap procedures earning a star less than up that was crashed many moons ago before new procedures... So some would say the up is safer but is it really... The up was same price and you get 1L 3 cyl and a nice sound system. Thats about it. So why is the up rated more than the picanto?

joshuatree

Unbelievable how this thread is being kept alive by an ass...

A lot of huffing and puffing about nothing essentially ...

Let's keep it real.

asshat99

Or just don't subscribe to trash magazine that are sold below cost.

Why make your own? There are plenty to chose from.