Bidvest SMS marketing not compliant with new rules - Consumer

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Bidvest SMS marketing not compliant with new rules - Consumer

Following our investigation into SMS advertising sent to users by Discovery, a consumer has complained of another insurance company not complying with new regulations.

The Financial Services Board (now the FCSA) recently published new rules which require insurance companies to allow users to opt out of marketing SMSs at no cost.

ekske1

Executive Member
Bidvest Insurance general manager for direct insurance Imthiaz Yacoob told MyBroadband the company does not directly conduct its own direct marketing, and employs the services of various lead generation companies.
Bidvest forgetting to do content screening? Oh wait that would be actual reading [and thinking] effort :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;Qv5fqunQ_4I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv5fqunQ_4I[/video]

ponder

Honorary Master
Bidvest Insurance general manager for direct insurance Imthiaz Yacoob told MyBroadband the company does not directly conduct its own direct marketing, and employs the services of various lead generation companies.
Lol so if the nazis outsourced the genocide of the jews it would be a valid excuse?

1495922968679_by_lucas_white-dbc6zsk.jpg

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
I don't see what all the fuss is about. Just add the number that the ad comes from to your blocked senders list without replying. Job done.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I don't see what all the fuss is about. Just add the number that the ad comes from to your blocked senders list without replying. Job done.
The number is not always the same AFAIK. In fact it's probably got a bunch of digits tacked to the end of it which are not part of the actual 'number'

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
True, but it's a rinse and repeat kind of thing. My blocked numbers list is very long and saved in the cloud but at least I seldom get bothered by telemarketing crap these days