Big car price increases coming for South Africa

LCBXX

Honorary Master
One the one hand the MRI whine about suffrage brought about by lockdown regulations and then it proceeds to hike vehicle prices, once again, above inflation.

Are they taking taxation tips from the ANC government?

Solitude

Executive Member
Cars are crazy expensive lately.

And yet I see so many new cars on the road. Don't know how people do it.

lucifir

Expert Member
so because less cars are being bought, they increase prices.
Got to love that south african way of doing business : If I can't sell it at this high price, let me increase the price then maybe I can sell more :rolleyes:

IssiAmd

so because less cars are being bought, they increase prices.
Got to love that south african way of doing business : If I can't sell it at this high price, let me increase the price then maybe I can sell more :rolleyes:
Perhaps they figure the guys who's buying at these ridiculous prices will continue buying despite the increases.
Why not milk it?

IssiAmd

Cars are crazy expensive lately.

And yet I see so many new cars on the road. Don't know how people do it.
Finance
Long gone are the days where one buys a car and drives it till he can't any longer.
A monthly car installment has become part of life
Often when looking at car prices the cash prices are not even advertised, just the average expected installment.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Yeah, no.

I was planning on keeping my car until it was ten years old, but it seems like I might have to make it twenty years now...

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Seriously? Again?

Then again, I can't even vaguely contemplate buying a new vehicle, the amount of money that they want for even a middle of the road vehicle with a ridiculous balloon payment still makes my toes curl.

Brawler

Honorary Master
Had a R17k service on my car the other day (major + shocks + brakes) and was like jissooo, getting expensive maybe I must upgrade.

Checked for a new equivalent and payments would be R9k per month. No thanks...

Creag

The Boar's Rock
It's going to be a small age before I buy anything new again.

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
Seriously? Again?

Then again, I can't even vaguely contemplate buying a new vehicle, the amount of money that they want for even a middle of the road vehicle with a ridiculous balloon payment still makes my toes curl.
Or you can get the car but give up owning a home. Crazy.

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
Big car price increases coming for South Africa

New vehicle prices have increased for the fourth consecutive quarter, according to TransUnion.

They are already hugely overpriced for some years(A Medium) which is understandable if you understand the theory, and guess which was my least reliable car ever bought-? It had EU blood in it full of sensors.

I get the feeling we are literally running out of fuel on this planet.