Big changes at airports to fight COVID-19 - Photos

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Big changes at airports to fight COVID-19 - Photos

COVID-19 alert level 3 regulations allow for domestic air travel to resume under certain conditions, including the observation of health protocols to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus.

Airports which will reopen as flights resume include OR Tambo, Cape Town International, King Shaka, and Lanseria.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Mbalula said, adding that the risk of COVID-19 infection onboard a commercial passenger airliner is lower than in many other confined spaces.

What the...?

How in actual **** do these idiots stand up right and walk and talk like actual people? I swear you need a lobotomy to be a minister.

Anthro

Expert Member
I believe those are talking points supplied to him via the Airline spin doctors, most likely.
Volumetric exhange of air etc etc

pouroverguy

Expert Member
I believe those are talking points supplied to him via the Airline spin doctors, most likely.
Volumetric exhange of air etc etc

Planes are a lot safer than other confined spaces due to the HEPA filters installed.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Planes are a lot safer than other confined spaces due to the HEPA filters installed.
Yeah, all that dry air and lack of social distancing makes that kinda moot though. It's a retarded thing for the minister to say and speaks to the lack of a consistent and coherent message from government.

ponder

Honorary Master
Yeah, all that dry air and lack of social distancing makes that kinda moot though. It's a retarded thing for the minister to say and speaks to the lack of a consistent and coherent message from government.

A day after a flight I usually have a scratchy throat which may or may not turn into something worse...

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

Ahh yes, that I think goes without saying...

But saying that they are safe because of the HEAP is a stretch, you are on top of each other for at least an hour... a HEPA filter won't stop me getting something from the sick coughing twat in the seats around me.

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
Lots of people has very conveniently forgotten how the virus made it's way to our part of the world...
Planes are the perfect way to share the virus. More than an hour in a confined space and in many cases barely centimeters from the oke next to you... HEPA filter se gat.