Big FNB Connect “price increase” – what happened

Neo_X

Expert Member
still - complaining here. I took out the Conexis Top up contract, which included phone only. Thus i am semi-forced to load airtime and data on a monthly basis.

Now the data i bought before has increased by over 100% - and is more expensive than most other providers. really not nice

cozinsky

Expert Member
What about the people who took out the R399 pm unlimited calls? They now have to pay these high rates when they top up with data. I am sure if they knew about the data increases, they would not have opted for the deal.

cozinsky

Expert Member
still - complaining here. I took out the Conexis Top up contract, which included phone only. Thus i am semi-forced to load airtime and data on a monthly basis.

Now the data i bought before has increased by over 100% - and is more expensive than most other providers. really not nice
I am in the same boat and not so happy about it. I will consider the recurring bundles.

dunkyd

Expert Member
Does this apply to those people that got a "free" phone recently ?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I am pretty sure this wasn't a 5 month promotion. Gonna see if I can find evidence that I bought bundles at that rate before june

murray654

My R99 for 2GB auto top up went through at 2AM. I wonder what the fuss is about.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
My R99 for 2GB auto top up went through at 2AM. I wonder what the fuss is about.
The fuss is about people who have to pay R139 for 1GB bundles now. Or are you so unsympathetic that you don't give a **** unless you're affected personally?

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
Please note that pricing on all the current cheap options (Flexi blah blah or whatever) is also termed "promotional".
It looks like FNB do this ("promotional pricing terms in the small print") to give themselves free reign to change prices whenever they feel like it.

Eti1

Expert Member
Please note that pricing on all the current cheap options (Flexi blah blah or whatever) is also termed "promotional".
It looks like FNB do this ("promotional pricing terms in the small print") to give themselves free reign to change prices whenever they feel like it.
Ok but as long as the flexi plans are month-to-month contracts, prepaid users may as well just switch to continue to pay low prices until the "promotion" ends. Its clearly what they want. I have been too j%s to do it yet though.

murray654

The fuss is about people who have to pay R139 for 1GB bundles now. Or are you so unsympathetic that you don't give a **** unless you're affected personally?
I spoke too soon... the data bundle auto top up no longer exists on my profile. Neither does the ability to add one. Once this 2GB is used I will be removing the FNB sim... I have no further use for it.

DeezG$$$

This is pure entrapment !!! This data increase was done without any warning and neither did FNB highlight that the previous data tariff was for a two month plus two additional months period only... FNB customers are now forced to pay these new high tariffs as the FNB phones are locked onto FNB sims

murray654

Hi,

FNB is still advertising the expired prices here Look for section More than a Sim > Top up data > Read more

This is false advertising.

fnb-connect-20161219.jpg

Last edited: