Big Frogfoot fibre expansion in the Western Cape

xrapidx

Honorary Master
All I see is complaints about Frogfoot's continual disrespect of peoples properties in my area.

Hopefully they skip my street.

KOPITE

Executive Member
I really don't get it, the coloured areas are much more then the so called rich white suburbs, but fibre is cheaper then adsl/vdsl. Instead of expanding their footprint to the bigger masses who can actually afford it, they have this mentality of those are poor people.

Maybe they leave if for Telkom to feed the scraps. The interwebz has evolved really and people want fast speeds. If someone can explain to me why these companies act dumb and being clueless what's happening around them and stop going on perception.

Conack

Expert Member
They're working hard to start expanding in the South Cape from January next year.

I for one welcome them to rip apart our garden to install gigabit fibre.

avr-rulez

Expert Member
How dof - not covering the greater area of Muizenberg, below the vlei, Marina da Gama and Capricorn side.

Just as well Octotel is "trenching" those areas already - even though I have seen no evidence of that.

km2

Expert Member
Holy smokes, a fibre expansion article that includes my area. Had seen the LinkAfrica people in the area for a few months laying down the trunk lines, but nice to see there's actually going to be a residential roll out.

KingRat1

Don't let them did up your driveway. That is if you want to use it in future.

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
All I see is complaints about Frogfoot's continual disrespect of peoples properties in my area.

Hopefully they skip my street.

I have yet to meet a single person that was happy with their service. They have been delayed in every deployment Ive personally heard of from other people. Think they are overstretching themselves to keep up with the competitors.

They "tried" for months just to get sign off from COCT for our neighbourhood.

Kicked them to the curb. Vumatel had sign off and I had fibre on at my house in just under 4 months IIRC.

yebocan

Honorary Master
I really don't get it, the coloured areas are much more then the so called rich white suburbs, but fibre is cheaper then adsl/vdsl. Instead of expanding their footprint to the bigger masses who can actually afford it, they have this mentality of those are poor people.

Maybe they leave if for Telkom to feed the scraps. The interwebz has evolved really and people want fast speeds. If someone can explain to me why these companies act dumb and being clueless what's happening around them and stop going on perception.

Disposable income...area size might be bigger, but disposable income is not....which means that there is no real drive to get into said areas.