Big Frogfoot fibre outage

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member

Frogfoot’s fibre network has suffered intermittent connectivity issues across South Africa over the last three days.

The operator first stated it was experiencing a national outage on Saturday afternoon, which it said was affecting customers in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, and East London.

“Our senior engineers are investigating and trying to get the issue resolved as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience caused during this time,” it said.

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Also have Frogfoot in the Pretoria area and am unaffacted by the outage.

My ISP had some intermittent issues last week, but sorted that out quickly.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Seems to be OK at home where my wife is working from today. No complaints there. But that's basically luck of the draw.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I have experienced intermittent disconnects on their network. As well as other people I know who is residing in Cape Town. To add, since our rollout I had direct inquiries with the FNO and not a single time have they replied to me. When I read this,

Others also complained that they were not receiving replies to their logged queries, and that some had been resolved without reply.

it is not something new.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Longest internet issue since Blackberry BIS became oversubscribed.

Seriously, FF have lost a lot of shine over this with what could only be described as head in the sand communication.

As I said to a fellow FF subscriber this morning, it's like the only employee who knows how to fix this went away for the weekend and the rest of FF just chucked their papers in the air and said "aah F it, Monday's problem".... Yet Monday is here and there's still a problem!

Bismuth

Expert Member
Longest internet issue since Blackberry BIS became oversubscribed.

Seriously, FF have lost a lot of shine over this with what could only be described as head in the sand communication.

As I said to a fellow FF subscriber this morning, it's like the only employee who knows how to fix this went away for the weekend and the rest of FF just chucked their papers in the air and said "aah F it, Monday's problem".... Yet Monday is here and there's still a problem!

Funny, had the same chat with some... you sure it wasn't with me, lol?

Tash21

I have been experiencing the outage in jhb since last week and phoned my isp who only then informed me that there is an outage, this has been going on for the last 7 days on frogfoots network

McGuywer

Executive Member
Afrihost response to me regarding constant issue is that they "Did post on their network status page".

How does that help me?
Why can't they get the issue sorted?

Conack

Expert Member
How long ago was frogfoot infrastructure installed in your area?

Been two years of the most unreliable internet I've ever had, 56k dialup days atleast I got what I paid for and it worked on demand.
Had 3 outages already just this morning - fantastic for remote working. :mad:

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep

Frogfoot’s fibre network has suffered intermittent connectivity issues across South Africa over the last three days.

The operator first stated it was experiencing a national outage on Saturday afternoon, which it said was affecting customers in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, and East London.

“Our senior engineers are investigating and trying to get the issue resolved as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience caused during this time,” it said.
Dear Customers, we understand the frustration caused by the national Fibre outage that we have been experiencing on the network and are working with a matter of urgency to resolve the issue. Herewith an explanation of what has led to the current situation. https://buff.ly/3fkoYIw