Big Green Egg BGE - selling

maumau

Honorary Master
Item name: Big Green Egg. Braai, Slow Cooker, Smoker, Grill & Oven. Medium size with all accessories shown in pic. Total value R28 000.
Age and condition: 3 years. Excellent
Do you include packaging: No
Warranty: No
Reason for selling: Family are emigrating. I'm staying in SA but it's a waste for one person.
Price: R15 000
Negotiable: Yes/No
Shipping or collection: Collection only. Its very heavy so you'd need an LDV/bakkie and at least 3 men

https://www.biggreenegg.co.za/product/medium-big-green-egg/

BGE 10CM.jpg

I'm I out of touch? 52kg is heavy, but I'm average in strength and with effort I could pick that up myself. My chicken feed bags are 40kg and I lug them around. Lift with your legs, not your back! :p
Lifting a 52kg barbell, easy. Lifting a slippery egg shaped thing, probably not so easy.

Anyway, why aren't they taking it with to wherever they are emigrating?
I would love one, but don't think I'm ready to spend that kind of money on one yet, not matter how good the deal is.

maumau

Honorary Master
Lifting a 52kg barbell, easy. Lifting a slippery egg shaped thing, probably not so easy.

Anyway, why aren't they taking it with to wherever they are emigrating?
I would love one, but don't think I'm ready to spend that kind of money on one yet, not matter how good the deal is.
Family are emigrating, but I'm staying in SA and using the Egg is a waste for one person. Its more for cooking up a storm, overnight slow cooks or smoking. You guys are strong but like @Barbarian Conan say' s it's an awkward shape and ow, ow, ow your back :)

Maybe @Brenden_E because he's used to it.

maumau

Honorary Master
I agree, but it's a lot of money for the combo.
No doubt it's worth the asking price compared to new, but it may be hard to sell maumau.
I reckon you're better off keeping it because you may be lucky to get half that.
I think you may be right @zeb but I have to give it a go. Thanks for the honest input :)

You need to up the marketing effort if you really want to sell this. I suggest that you buy a calf, a few sheep and a porky or 2, then invite a bunch of us over to test-drive the Egg.

PS: don't forget the grog
I don't drink, but if ever someone brings out something that is labeled as "grog" I will get totally smashed that night.