Big Microsoft Giveaway – Win your share of R2,000 cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sads-1-zn

It's wonderful to see this if technology and innovation in the agricultural sector.

Liquid_1

One of the easiest ways to tell if you are purchasing authentic Microsoft software is to check the label - authentic Microsoft software will carry a Genuine Microsoft Label (GML).

How do we activate if not genuine?

Script

buy a legit copy or you can be in the 33% infected by malware

Herculas1

Microsoft do great things and it is good to see what they doing now will be a big advantage

ebendl

Expert Member
The latest banner seems to be focused on genuine software, together with Pinnacle.

I find it interesting that they suggest you look for the GML (Genuine Microsoft Label) at the bottom of the boxes. I can't remember when I last bought a MS product in a box on a DVD - the closest I get is buying an Office 365 subscription on Takealot and then send me a little card with a code (cheaper than letting my Home subscription renew every year through MS).

Is MS's biggest piracy issue still guys selling boxes with DVD copies at flea markets?

One of the easiest ways to tell if you are purchasing authentic Microsoft software is to check the label - authentic Microsoft software will carry a Genuine Microsoft Label (GML).
This label helps users identify which edition of Windows has been preinstalled on their devices and can usually be found on the back or bottom of the devices. In September 2017 Microsoft released a new GML design to prevent fake duplicates form being created - is features a holographic image, holographic micro text and colour shifting ink which changes from one colour to another when looking at it from various angles. These labels also include a handy “tamper evident” feature which appears upon the label being removed. When it comes to Windows phones and tablets, these labels may not always be attached to the device itself so Microsoft has suggested various other measures you can take to ensure the software is authentic.

duckgray

Microsoft states that there is a 33% chance of malware if a PC has unlicensed software.
how do you test and prove this?

Kimsinc

Great for the agriculture sector. However will only a selected few benefit from thisome great advancement.

CodeMaster

Expert Member
Good to see technology being integrated with the agricultural sector in South Africa.

SilverDawg

Microsoft has always been on the forefront of technology. Always been a promising brand. Glad to see them embark on this new initiative. Well needed in SA.

Magorof

Modern machines can reduce efforts of farmers and today it is possible to grow crops in a desert by use of agricultural biotechnology.

Oenophile

As a wine farmer I am delighted to see technology being applied to this sector in such an innovative way.

TheLuckmeister

Microsoft believes that there is a 33% chance of malware if PC are bought without a license or pirated,thus exposing the purchaser to many risks such as Identity theft , credit card fraud,dataloss etc.

kevinsnov

I am glad technology is being put to good use in an important sector and that a powerhouse like Microsoft is involved.

Angela29

I think it's great that Microsoft is implementing strategies to protect people's personal data and educating people on the risks of purchasing unlicensed software.

Status
Not open for further replies.