Big Microsoft Giveaway – Win your share of R2,000 cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I think that it is good that there will be more of a focus on implementing technology in what seems to be a non-technical sector. This will definitely open more ideas around improving this sector.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Good initiative to stimulate tech in an area that definitely needs it. BEE requirement is discriminatory though.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I read through the proposal and it is noble in the sense to address equity. However, it is important to note that the Fourth Industrial Revolution isn't racially exclusive. Equity isn't a racial conundrum. Everyone in the agriculture sector is stricken with problems, especially drought.

smc

Well, the link just took me to an application page that doesn't tell me anything about what the program actually is. So what I think of it is ????????????????????????

usernam3

Great initiative for Agricultural sectors for previously disadvantaged backgrounds

Earthtree

Prerequisites are not fair in my opinion

For organisations to be eligible to apply, the following criteria must be met:

The organisation is:
  • a registered legal entity in South Africa
  • a majority black-owned company operating in South Africa, with either black male and/or black female owners or shareholders
  • an established and experienced technology company with a proven track record, developing agriculture related technology-based solutions

TheJman

Expert Member
Looks like a cool wait to get our tech companies to help our Agricultural sector, which will hopefully lead to more jobs and better use of our resources

Magwazal93

I think. Microsoft would do better if they don't fall into the BEE trap.
Still remains ridiculous that some people get preference based on their skin colour.

Magwazal93

Prerequisites are not fair in my opinion

For organisations to be eligible to apply, the following criteria must be met:

The organisation is:
  • a registered legal entity in South Africa
  • a majority black-owned company operating in South Africa, with either black male and/or black female owners or shareholders
  • an established and experienced technology company with a proven track record, developing agriculture related technology-based solutions

Madhawk

Honorary Master
It's about time that South African industries are modernised to allow them to compete better globally. Especially agriculture.

e4et

Expert Member
Does not seem to be aimed at start-ups, or new companies.
I think they dropped the ball here. Many bright peeps out there that just needs a helping hand.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Cant go wrong trying to grow agriculture sector

BrendanMc

Expert Member
Integrating technology with agricultural industry will benefit South Africa.

@Ghekko

Good to see technology being used in the agricultural sector, but ultimately the farmers who are supposed to benefit either don't know about such initiatives or can't/don't meet the criteria to qualify for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.