Big name sponsors undeterred by Steve Hofmeyr’s involvement in Afrikaans is Groot concert

rietrot

Honorary Master
You can easily wiki any of them. Steve is an Afrikaans "singer", and the 10% is just me being generous, it's less than that. His market is white afrikaans, his shows are white afrikaans, stop with the bs. He has to be one of SA's worst export products as an artist.

That 8 is just a few that comes to mind, there's plenty. There is a big fcking world of great musicians in the rest of Africa. Step out of your bubble dude, South Africa is not Africa. Since Steve is so great, and radio just plays what is popular, one would expect radio stations would rape his music. But they don't.

Your claim is so ridiculous its not even worth entertaining. To think that "one of Africa's greatest' is only relevant in 1 of 54 African countries...for only 10% of population. It is 10% of 1.85% of 54 countries
So all you have to go on is your feelings?

As for your list Brenda is great for example. I have personally bought her CDs in the 2000s and I have never bought a Steve CD for myself. Steve is still a greater and more successful artists. Maybe Brenda comes close, but you should put up the stats if you want to claim that. I tried finding more comprehensive info on album sales but it isn't just on wiki.

Most of them are great, some aren't quite on Steves level.

thechamp

Honorary Master
So all you have to go on is your feelings?

As for your list Brenda is great for example. I have personally bought her CDs in the 2000s and I have never bought a Steve CD for myself. Steve is still a greater and more successful artists. Maybe Brenda comes close, but you should put up the stats if you want to claim that. I tried finding more comprehensive info on album sales but it isn't just on wiki.

Most of them are great, some aren't quite on Steves level.
I think you are trying too hard here, that list has Ladysmith Black Mambazo in it? Or you have no idea who they are?

surface

Executive Member
I know who they are? What's your point?
I think he is absolute moron if I am bit kind. With liking for old apartheid flag and comments like blacks created apartheid, he has probably created a niche for himself to be popular in a minority. If his music is good, he would do quite well to change his ways and appeal to 50 million africans instead. Heck I will buy a copy from TubbyMan and donate it to library if he apologizes for all his racist comments.

Mila

Honorary Master
MTN just added to my blacklist.
I never got the MTN thing.
Who uses them anyway? Crap service provider.
Weren’t they caught in big corruption scams a few years ago. Almost went bankrup.

Mtn is trolling for likes

thechamp

Honorary Master
I never got the MTN thing.
Who uses them anyway? Crap service provider.
Weren’t they caught in big corruption scams a few years ago. Almost went bankrup.

Mtn is trolling for likes
Almost everyone on Telkom mobile.

rietrot

Honorary Master
I think he is absolute moron if I am bit kind. With liking for old apartheid flag and comments like blacks created apartheid, he has probably created a niche for himself to be popular in a minority. If his music is good, he would do quite well to change his ways and appeal to 50 million africans instead. Heck I will buy a copy from TubbyMan and donate it to library if he apologizes for all his racist comments.
All of that has vokol to do with his musical talent and his success as an artist.
Nobody appeals to all 50 mil of us.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Okay, I'll see myself out then, Steve is the Greatest.

amongst his kind.
He does have a pretty large fan base, but I'm not a big fan of Afrikaans music (assuming this is what you mean by 'his kind', so I wouldn't really know if he's the greatest.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
You can easily wiki any of them. Steve is an Afrikaans "singer", and the 10% is just me being generous, it's less than that. His market is white afrikaans, his shows are white afrikaans, stop with the bs. He has to be one of SA's worst export products as an artist.

That 8 is just a few that comes to mind, there's plenty. There is a big fcking world of great musicians in the rest of Africa. Step out of your bubble dude, South Africa is not Africa. Since Steve is so great, and radio just plays what is popular, one would expect radio stations would rape his music. But they don't.

Your claim is so ridiculous its not even worth entertaining. To think that "one of Africa's greatest' is only relevant in 1 of 54 African countries...for only 10% of population. It is 10% of 1.85% of 54 countries
There are lot of "Refentses" out there.