Big South African Fibre Survey - Results

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Big South African Fibre Survey - Results

MyBroadband recently conducted its latest South African Fibre Survey, which revealed that there remains a strong demand for fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) in South Africa.

The survey results further showed a decline in ADSL and VDSL connections, with FTTH and fixed-LTE showing strong growth.

Totempole

Expert Member
People want fiber. Have wanted for YEARS.
The only thing keeping me from switching to Fibre is Vumatel's lack of a truly dynamic IP addressing system. I had to cancel my Fibre and go back to VDSL because of that.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
I don't know that people jump shop from Telkom, when they move to fiber. But I do know that Telkom is not an option as an ISP, on a lot of fiber deployments. So, if those who pull fiber past you do not have an access agreement with Telkom, you cannot use Telkom as your fiber ISP.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
MyBroadband recently conducted its latest South African Fibre Survey, which revealed that there remains a strong demand for fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) in South Africa.

The survey results further showed a decline in ADSL and VDSL connections, with FTTH and fixed-LTE showing strong growth.
Well, I'm shocked.