Big Vodacom Please Call Me fight - Latest update

marine1

Honorary Master
I don’t think Vodacom can afford to lose. It’s probably cheaper for them to keep dragging this out.
Of course, imagine if they are ordered to pay 20 billion? Someone not gonna get a bonus thats for sure.

zulucat

Vodacom are really stupid. They will lose out big time. They have tasted defeat in this case already - why risk it? Offer the guy more before the court forces you. Clearly the court has ruled in his favour, whether people believe he deserves compensation or not, that's another issue and who cares what people think anyway right? Vodacom has been fleecing consumers for decades, maybe this way the universe is punishing them.

marine1

Honorary Master
Vodacom has been fleecing consumers for decades, maybe this way the universe is punishing them.
Yup i have zero sympathy for them. Their ridiculous prices on OOB sealed their fate a long time ago

Daruk

Honorary Master
Vodacom are really stupid. They will lose out big time. They have tasted defeat in this case already - why risk it? Offer the guy more before the court forces you. Clearly the court has ruled in his favour, whether people believe he deserves compensation or not, that's another issue and who cares what people think anyway right? Vodacom has been fleecing consumers for decades, maybe this way the universe is punishing them.
More? What, like 20 billion?
You think paying Makete will fix the issue?

Swa

Honorary Master
Days of our Lives... season 20

Should have quit while he was ahead. Should have taken the first good offer, because now he is hugely in debt for the legal services thus rendered, and Vodacom might just win this.
It's not his call. Also he doesn't owe anything as it was financed for him and Vodacom has to pay the legal costs so far anyway.

Kahn needs to sue Makete for profiting from his idea.
Won't work. Also MTN won't risk having their patent examined and evaluated.

McT

The Humble Scot!
The outcome I am looking forward to is the one where the courts tell Makete to shove it. His greed deserves scorn. Let his creditors have his carcass. Let's see the end of this putrid saga.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
This case is seriously starting to galvanise the public against these two parties. No more sympathy for either side.

Wasabee!

Expert Member
This case is seriously starting to galvanise the public against these two parties. No more sympathy for either side.
Plot twist.

Enter JuJu who rallies the red army behind Makate to march to Vodacom's offices.

There they meet with Shameel who cut a deal with JuJu. Makate becomes a EFF MP of communication. Makate shuts down all operators and VC have a Telkom like Monopoly.

VC start charging for pls call me's. DSTV replaces SABC. Makate becomes a director of VC, and gets a 670 billion 364 million 472 thousand and seventy two Rand annual bonus.

The end.