Bigger and smaller LG G4 smartphones unveiled

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Do they have a notification LED?

8Gb RAM on its own will not be enough, but the microSD card slot will help to smoothen things over. (LG G4c)

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I could be wrong I believe 1gb Ram is rather crappy for you Android folks...

Baxteen

Honorary Master
I am very sure there is some sort of bad miscommunication from LG on the RAM.

it makes no sense for the bigger phone to have less RAM.
with the stats sitting like they are the stylus combined with .2" extra makes that the G4 Stylus WAY worse than the regular G4, less RAM, less storage worse screen, worse camera.
I dont get it I really dont.

sad thing is on paper its still better than an iPhone 6

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I am very sure there is some sort of bad miscommunication from LG on the RAM.

it makes no sense for the bigger phone to have less RAM.
with the stats sitting like they are the stylus combined with .2" extra makes that the G4 Stylus WAY worse than the regular G4, less RAM, less storage worse screen, worse camera.
I dont get it I really dont.

sad thing is on paper its still better than an iPhone 6

You do know that specs on iOS mean/matter very little? It's all about real-works usage & optimization. And in that aspect it's king of the hill.

Now if you were talking about cars by all means one can "brag" about a 6.3 V8 or 4L twin turbo.

DominionZA

Executive Member
You do know that specs on iOS mean/matter very little? It's all about real-works usage & optimization. And in that aspect it's king of the hill.

Now if you were talking about cars by all means one can "brag" about a 6.3 V8 or 4L twin turbo.
Why does Apple improve the internal hardware on each new iDevice then? Seems like a pointless exercise if the specs don't matter.

Loopin

Why does Apple improve the internal hardware on each new iDevice then? Seems like a pointless exercise if the specs don't matter.

Well I'd imagine specs do matter quite a bit, especially for 3rd party apps such as games or apps ported from android to iOS.

Additionally, just because things run quite well doesn't mean they can't run better: and better hardware means better performance.