Bitco home wireless internet

Dretastic06

Had no internet in the week. Phoned Bitco...... 25 min later got through .... 15 min later the fault is logged.
Next day techies pitch up, unplug the antenna power supply, plug back in. R 374.
Apparantly (They say it's the second time this year it happened) if there's a power spike the antenna powersupply "hangs up" and waits for a power down/up without spike before it will work.
R374 ......
My current wisp is plugged into my ups

Crumbl0x

Darn, got the bad news today that the signal was garbled and I indeed do not have line of sight :/
Not sure what I can do anymore, I'm gonna reach out to Herotel and see if I get lucky and then try begrudgingly to some sort of MTN Fixed deal. Oh well, I do hope that everyone here who can get the deal stays happy for a long time at the least

Dretastic06

Darn, got the bad news today that the signal was garbled and I indeed do not have line of sight :/
Not sure what I can do anymore, I'm gonna reach out to Herotel and see if I get lucky and then try begrudgingly to some sort of MTN Fixed deal. Oh well, I do hope that everyone here who can get the deal stays happy for a long time at the least
Thats not cool, not even a extension pole would help? Which area you from and does the map indicate you have coverage?

tm458

sorry to hear that you couldn't get line of site mate. hope you find a good deal or something with another isp <3

davyb

Stay away from Herotel, it will be a nightmare experience I promise you.

VandaL

Stay away from Herotel, it will be a nightmare experience I promise you.
I have to agree with this, it's like they hate gaming and stability. My current wisp Airband connect merged with them in December last year and it's just been problem after problem. I've been with Airband a little over two years.

Recently I've been having internet disconnection and ping spike issues that took TWO months to fix, typically any issue with Airband would be resolved in a day to two days max. Imagine playing warzone after paying R600 for 6 months on exitlag, and getting massive 600ms ping spikes every few mins and randomly disconnecting multiple times a day for two months straight.

I have been having issues with battle.net disconnecting randomly on herotel and they seem to have a who cares attitude. In cod wz my packet loss went from 0-5% max to up to TWO HUNDRED % lol, which I didn't know was possible. I have to use Exitlag just to have a normal experience and stay connected to battlenet.

I got a friend on Airband September last year and he is having the exact same issues I am now, we are both gatvol.

Bitco says my order is currently with feasability and they will call me with a day or so to schedule a site survey and install.

Last edited:

Crumbl0x

Ah I see, thanks you two, I've been recently offered assistance with another ISP that could help but I'll definitely keep Herotel as an absolute last resort if everything else isn't feasible.
Hope everything goes smoothly for you as well @VandaL :giggle:

VandaL

Ah I see, thanks you two, I've been recently offered assistance with another ISP that could help but I'll definitely keep Herotel as an absolute last resort if everything else isn't feasible.
Hope everything goes smoothly for you as well @VandaL :giggle:
Just got an email scheduling for 27 July 10am. WHY SO LONG :( I suppose that's a good thing as I would like them to just remove my current antenna and replace it with theirs, so no drilling and cable run already exsists. They can just leave the pole etc they were going to use and I give it to airband.

wernervn

Just got an email scheduling for 27 July 10am. WHY SO LONG
My application was submitted 10 July, they told me on the 15th that my survey could only be scheduled on the 30th :-/

Guess they have a bit of a backlog...

tm458

i was just sent 3 invoices and they all have 15% extra charges of VAT.
what the hell?

VandaL

i was just sent 3 invoices and they all have 15% extra charges of VAT.
what the hell?
3 different invoices for this month? The lady I've been dealing with her title says senior sales consultant, I enquired about the price and she said it is 1099+vat. So if you've been charged that then it's correct. Any sales person who said it's 1099 inclusive is incorrect.

Good luck proving a telephone conversation.

tm458

Invoice 1 is pro rate from installation until end of the month (612) and 1263,85 which is for next month.
invoice 2 is 575 setup fee
and last isnt an invoice but a statement (My bad) with all those in total

really thought 1099 was inclusive but i guess not