Bitco home wireless internet

VandaL

My application was submitted 10 July, they told me on the 15th that my survey could only be scheduled on the 30th :-/

Guess they have a bit of a backlog...
A friend of mine also with Airband just got his email scheduling for Monday 27 July @ 10am, he applied 2 days after me. Guess it just depends on how busy each province is.

HartsockZA

Expert Member
Thank goodness I don't do national just out of curiosity what areas are you guys?

VandaL

Bluff, Durban here.

I'm curious to know if anyone here with this wireless package could speak on their latency/ping in games like Call Of Duty Warzone and Diablo 3 in particular.

My connection with my current WISP was perfect until December last year when they started their network migration to Herotel. The program I use to mitigate it was on the fritz so I used a direct connection to COD again and was experience 100-200% packetloss(yes above 100%) in game. Diablo 3 the ping to EU servers is around 300-500ms.
I'd forgotten how truly dog poo the experience is.

I'd love to not have pay R500 for 6 months of exitlag just to game. My WISP(whos controlled by herotel) say they have relayed this information to herotel and they don't seem to care.

Dretastic06

Invoice 1 is pro rate from installation until end of the month (612) and 1263,85 which is for next month.
invoice 2 is 575 setup fee
and last isnt an invoice but a statement (My bad) with all those in total

really thought 1099 was inclusive but i guess not
Im really going to fight this

Dretastic06

Invoice 1 is pro rate from installation until end of the month (612) and 1263,85 which is for next month.
invoice 2 is 575 setup fee
and last isnt an invoice but a statement (My bad) with all those in total

really thought 1099 was inclusive but i guess not
8A6F500F-3A69-4BAC-A645-69AC56FC9847.png

tm458

just received an email and they changed it, they said it was their system that loaded a product code in error (whatever that means, im just happy)

VandaL

just received an email and they changed it, they said it was their system that loaded a product code in error (whatever that means, im just happy)
That's awesome, so they are charging R1099.00 inclusive of VAT? Making this product +- R934.15. Going to email the proof from @Dretastic06 to my sales lady.

They really need to make it clear on their website a simple *Price inclusive/exclusive somewhere on the page would clear up all confusion.

tm458

That's awesome, so they are charging R1099.00 inclusive of VAT? Making this product +- R934.15. Going to email the proof from @Dretastic06 to my sales lady.

They really need to make it clear on their website a simple *Price inclusive/exclusive somewhere on the page would clear up all confusion.
yeah it's inclusive.

sucks that you have to ask about it or dispute an invoice before they change the amount

Dretastic06

yeah it's inclusive.

sucks that you have to ask about it or dispute an invoice before they change the amount
so they came to do the site survey, apparently they need a 6M pole to be able to get the proper signal as well as move around some "nodes" or something.

tm458

so they came to do the site survey, apparently they need a 6M pole to be able to get the proper signal as well as move around some "nodes" or something.
Woah, do you have a lot of tall trees around your house or something that could be obstructing the signal?

Last edited:

Dretastic06

Woah, do you have a lot of tall trees around your house or something that could be obstructing the signal?
no they just said the closest sector is about 8km away and they will need a longer pole to get the singal at its best. they will come back to me next week.

VandaL

I can confirm that it is R1099.00 inclusive of VAT. The lady I have been dealing with confirmed after speaking with the financial manager and will adjust my price to R1099.00 after everything has been installed before billing.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

VandaL

They came through this morning, setup took pretty much the whole day. They put a moerse dish on the roof, about the size of a DSTV dish.

Signal is pretty good around -54db to the high site. Just waiting for their network guys to provision my link properly. It's currently bursting to the full 30mbit download and being limited back to 15-20mbit so I will post speedtests after that's done. Upload instantly pegs to 15.5-17mbit.

Gaming is actually quite amazing, 26ms in CODWZ with 0% packetloss, 195-200ms in Diablo 3, Twitch streams seem to auto to 1080p60 source(herotel struggled with 480p). I'll test more games later but these were massive problem services on Herotel. I forgot to mention before that battle.net would disconnect randomly throughout the day as well which hasn't happened yet. So no more need for exitlag which is a MAJOR plus.

HartsockZA

Expert Member
Yea the norm for contracts is installing huge dishes, No idea why exactly but hey glad it works. Not bad results at all. Congrats

philaniH

Can someone please share results, Can you also share the pictures of the equipment used if you get time.

These guys only have one package?

VandaL

Can someone please share results, Can you also share the pictures of the equipment used if you get time.

These guys only have one package?
Home package seems to be just the 30mbit, their business wireless link goes up to 1gbit.
The antenna used looks identical to this,

The free router,

Dretastic06

They came through this morning, setup took pretty much the whole day. They put a moerse dish on the roof, about the size of a DSTV dish.

Signal is pretty good around -54db to the high site. Just waiting for their network guys to provision my link properly. It's currently bursting to the full 30mbit download and being limited back to 15-20mbit so I will post speedtests after that's done. Upload instantly pegs to 15.5-17mbit.

Gaming is actually quite amazing, 26ms in CODWZ with 0% packetloss, 195-200ms in Diablo 3, Twitch streams seem to auto to 1080p60 source(herotel struggled with 480p). I'll test more games later but these were massive problem services on Herotel. I forgot to mention before that battle.net would disconnect randomly throughout the day as well which hasn't happened yet. So no more need for exitlag which is a MAJOR plus.
wow seems impressive, so they need to come install a 6m pole and awaiting stock, im sure i will get one of those huge dishes as well. For some reason on 15mbs my wisp always struggled with twitch. Have you tried netflix and youtube?