Bitco home wireless internet

Dretastic06

Ah yes 5G mobile data, like having a super car with no fuel :p

I still haven't got an answer as to why Bitco are so aggressively limiting the WAN link on this service, does anyone have a 30mbit speedtest result? Saturating the link I can only achieve 29MBit but it jumps around there 27-29mbit(viewing usage through my Asus RT-AC68U).
I've emailed them quite a few times now at this stage and no real response. Their throughput shows it can easily do 30mbit stable.
im still waiting for them to come back and test again with this 6m pole lol.

tm458

Ah yes 5G mobile data, like having a super car with no fuel :p

I still haven't got an answer as to why Bitco are so aggressively limiting the WAN link on this service, does anyone have a 30mbit speedtest result? Saturating the link I can only achieve 29MBit but it jumps around there 27-29mbit(viewing usage through my Asus RT-AC68U).
I've emailed them quite a few times now at this stage and no real response. Their throughput shows it can easily do 30mbit stable.
2020_08_03_14_22_56_Speedtest_by_Ookla_The_Global_Broadband_Speed_Test.png

tm458

Maybe try asking your project manager to escalate the issue or call them to check what they're actually doing about it.
if those don't work maybe give them a "bad" review on hellopeter or something xD

VandaL

Maybe try asking your project manager to escalate the issue or call them to check what they're actually doing about it.
if those don't work maybe give them a "bad" review on hellopeter or something xD
On hold with support atm, It seems like such a simple problem to fix. Other then this the link is perfect I get the same ping as a mate with 100mbit fiber. I don't want to go full Karen so quickly.

VandaL

Hopefully a final update,
Yesterday we had gale force winds in my area and the antenna decided to do a complete 180 and point out at sea.
I emailed bitco at 1pm they had a team out here in around 2hrs. Unfortunately they could not complete any work due to how bad the weather was.

The same team came out here @ 6:30am today and realigned and reinforced the antenna mount and fixed the speed issue.
Capture.JPG

Extremely happy with the performance so far.

Dretastic06

Hopefully a final update,
Yesterday we had gale force winds in my area and the antenna decided to do a complete 180 and point out at sea.
I emailed bitco at 1pm they had a team out here in around 2hrs. Unfortunately they could not complete any work due to how bad the weather was.

The same team came out here @ 6:30am today and realigned and reinforced the antenna mount and fixed the speed issue.
View attachment 888598

Extremely happy with the performance so far.
im still waiting for them to come do another test with the 6m pole lol

VandaL

im still waiting for them to come do another test with the 6m pole lol
6m is literally a street light pole, they can't seriously be considering mounting that to a house. The tech that did the Los for my mates place came here today, he said he had Los but there were trees almost blocking so if they grew just a little the coverage would be terrible. In that case I can see a 6m pole working so I wonder why they declined to provide him this option.

Dretastic06

6m is literally a street light pole, they can't seriously be considering mounting that to a house. The tech that did the Los for my mates place came here today, he said he had Los but there were trees almost blocking so if they grew just a little the coverage would be terrible. In that case I can see a 6m pole working so I wonder why they declined to provide him this option.
lol everytime i think of it i find it ridiculous for 6m, my neighbour about 100m away was told the same thing

tm458

i play csgo mostly and sometimes warzone and i get a really nice 11ms :)

Chaoticelf

Can anyone confirm how long it takes to get solution diagram after completing online order and providing docs?

Dretastic06

Can anyone confirm how long it takes to get solution diagram after completing online order and providing docs?
lol its been more than a month now with them and still no installation, they coming back monday with a new pole :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Dretastic06

Didn't the 6 meter pole work?
apparently they didnt have stock so it was sent from JHB and they will give it a go on monday, im really hoping its going to work as my other wisp contract is ending this month. next best option is to get another wisp 20mbps for R999

Chaoticelf

apparently they didnt have stock so it was sent from JHB and they will give it a go on monday, im really hoping its going to work as my other wisp contract is ending this month. next best option is to get another wisp 20mbps for R999
Good luck, I will have to wait for the solution diagram and the rest

VandaL

Good luck, I will have to wait for the solution diagram and the rest
I was the sent the solution diagram shortly(same day) after sending bank docs etc. It goes to their accounts dept to setup your customer profile. Which took around 3 days, then to projects to book a date, I applied around 14 July, installation was done 27 July.

It performed beautifully for the past few days and today went to crap, really bad download speed plus there was a 2-3hr downtime as the highsite had a power failure. I think they are currently working on restoring the connection to its former glory.

Gaming has been pretty much a fibre like experience, a friend on Afrihost fibre in Durban has identical ping, I wouldn imagine I had a bit of hidden latency as it is a wireless product so it's not going to be 100% stable latency due to distance to the highsite.

They sent me an incorrect invoice then a credit note a few days later so that monthly reflects 1099 and installation is 500.

There has been a lot of back and forth between support and I to get this link 100% solid and to my liking. I've asked several times for a customer portal login but it seems they keep ignoring that request, not sure why.

Latency.JPG Captur1e.JPG

@Dretastic06 Please take pics of the 6M pole :p